these Maca Banana Power Smoothie Shots have all the benefits of maca in a tasty drinkable breakfast or snack. portable for quick energy!
recipe originally published January 16, 2013
Maca Banana Power Smoothie
I often begin the day with a juice or a smoothie. I choose ingredients that bring natural energy, like the superfood maca. Banana brings the natural sweetness.
If you have heard of maca, chances are you’ve heard the of the purported libido enhancing qualities. No doubt that is a positive benefit, but the first thing I think of is boundless energy.
Benefits of Maca
Maca has an earthy, natural flavor that I have grown to love – if I measure more than a tablespoon into my smoothie, ah well! To me the flavor is mild, and I gravitate toward natural tastes anyway.
Maca is an earthy flavored superfood powder, originating from a root vegetable. Some suggested benefits of maca? Energy! Maca contains all of the essential aminos, minerals, B vitamins including B12. There’s that energy.
These shots get natural sweetness from another favorite – Medjool dates. My favorite sweetener bring sweetness along with the banana, and the nuts give a protein boost (I used a combination of cashews and almonds – I love the creamy flavor cashews bring!
- In high powered blender, combine almonds and cashews with water - blending at highest power into liquid.
- Add dates, banana, and maca, blend until smooth. Pour into glass and top with fresh grated nutmeg.
dairy, soy, egg, gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- NOW Foods Raw Organic Cashews
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Medjool Dates, 2 Pounds
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Raw Maca Powder, 1 Lb - Premium Quality | Supports Increased Stamina & Energy
- The Spice Hunter Organic Nutmeg, Whole, 1.8 oz. jar
- Microplane 46020 Premium Classic Series Zester Grater 18/8 Black
- Vitamix 5300 Blender, Professional 64 oz. Low-Profile Container
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 320 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 303mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 15g Sugar: 23g Protein: 18g
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.