Lavender Cream Chocolate Truffles - chocolate ganache truffle infused with fragrant lavender - an easy recipe that always has impressive and tasty results!
Welcome to dark chocolate week! Even better, two weeks!
I think this is my favorite Meatless Monday project yet, and it was something I made for my mom for Mother's Day. Mom loves lavender, both the color and the scent. When I was little she had a tin of lavender pastilles candy that intrigued me.
We had the family over on Saturday to celebrate (forecast to be a much nicer day than Sunday, and we wanted to grill and be outside). I wanted to create a delicious dessert mom would love, and wanted to use dark chocolate.
The best thing about this recipe? Three ingredients total and an impressive result!
Dessert was a warm brownie with ice cream, topped with a truffle. I made the brownies and ice cream also. Recipes for another day...
More dark chocolate recipes:
- dark chocolate superfood bark
- triple chocolate truffles
- chocolate dipped marcona butter cookies
- dark chocolate apricot truffles
- chocolate tahini shortbread bars
- ginger wasabi chocolate skulls
- salted double chocolate chili cookies
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, divided
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons culinary lavender, chopped fine (see note)
- Without shaking, open can of coconut milk. Spoon out ½ cup of the thick portion at top of can for this recipe.
- Chop 4 ounces chocolate.
- In saucepan, bring coconut milk and lavender to a boil, reduce to simmer and stir continually for several minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain cream into bowl to remove lavender.
- Return infused cream to saucepan over lowest heat.
- Add chopped chocolate, whisk until smooth. Remove from heat, cool.
- Cover and transfer to refrigerator to thicken (1 hour).
- Chop remaining 4 ounces chocolate, and melt over lowest heat possible, stirring constantly and rapidly.
- Spoon a small amount into each mold, and using a small paintbrush, coat the mold completely. Place in refrigerator until set.
- Fill each mold with lavender ganache filling, leaving room at the top to seal with more chocolate.
- Reheat remaining chocolate and fill each mold, covering the filling completely. Tap molds on counter to remove any bubbles, return to refrigerator to set.
*While this seems like a large measurement of lavender, (and if you taste the infused coconut cream it is strong), once you add the dark chocolate the result is a subtle hint of lavender flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.