Chili Mac Halloween Stuffed Peppers combine two favorite comfort foods for a super fun dinner before a night of trick or treating and parties.
recipe originally published September 30, 2018
TABLE OF CONTENTS – Jump to any section:
Chili Mac Bell Peppers
What is a better dinner before heading out into the cold Halloween night for trick or treating and parties? Hot chili mac in a festive bell pepper is just what you need for a long night of fun.
SEE ALL OF OUR HALLOWEEN STUFFED PEPPER RECIPES
How to make Halloween Bell Peppers
With this recipe, my Pepper Jacks look a bit different. These stuffed peppers kinda look like they have masks, yes? Our video shows just how easy it is to carve either style, the jack o lantern that stands up like a pumpkin, or these mask style.
This year, I attempted the Ghostface “Scream” mask with the yellow pepper. The green peppers look especially good as a Frankenstein monster. I like him. With the orange pepper, I kept it traditional with a classic pumpkin / jack o lantern face.
Easy Halloween Night Dinner
These can be as easy or as involved as you want them to be.
Not much time? Make the chili and mac ahead of time, and carve the jacks as the components are warming up…
No time and you love convenience foods? Pair this Vegan Chili with this Vegan Mac! Grab some peppers and a paring knife, and with some careful cutting during the cooking process – voila! Chili Mac Pepper Jacks in no time flat.
The thing is, this recipe is completely customizable – your favorite chili plus your favorite mac and cheese. and just like carving pumpkins, your Pepper Jack face is your own as well.
Looking for more Halloween?
We have all sorts of festive recipes and ideas for you!
- Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- Jack Skellington Deep Dish Pizza
- Pumpkin Caramel Chocolate Skulls
- Mini Carrot Mummies
- Haunted Cookie House
- Vegan Candy and Candy Alternatives
Did you make these stuffed peppers?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- If not prepared ahead of time, make chili. Set to simmer on stove.
- Boil macaroni noodles, blend up Noocho Cheese Sauce. When noodles are cooked, drain and return to pot. Pour Noocho Cheese Sauce over hot noodles, stir to coat and combine completely. Set aside.
- Cut tops off bell peppers as you would a pumpkin, or slice one side lengthwise, like a "mask" in the photos here. Remove all seeds and ribs inside. Carefully cut jack o’ lantern faces into the best surface side / mask of each pepper.
- To assemble: Place peppers into a baking dish. Spoon chili and mac and cheese into carved peppers, alternating layers.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through and peppers have softened.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 477mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.