banana maca pancakes

banana maca pancakes

Many of you by now have seen the two ingredient pancakes making the rounds on the internet (who first came up with these, seriously?) – you know, the ones that are made with egg and banana. That’s it.

banana maca pancakes

The rare occasion I eat an egg is when it is from one of my two friends who have chickens on their property – I call them their happy chickens (one of these friends has chickens Basil has met and is so very interested in…). The next time I find myself with some of these fresh eggs, I may have to give this recipe a try. In the meantime, I made up my own version.

and it’s vegan!

This recipe has more than two ingredients.

It also has protein. and maca. and deliciousness.

picasion

banana maca pancakes

adapted from sweet cream protein pancakes

dairy, egg, soy, and gluten free, vegan

makes 8-10 regular size pancakes

1 banana, peeled
1/2 cup coconut milk (So Delicious carton)
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/3 cup vanilla protein powder (Sunwarrior Classic vanilla)
1 1/2 tablespoons maca powder
sweetener (as needed)

Combine banana and milk in high speed blender, blend on highest speed to a smooth liquid. In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, protein powder, and maca. Pour banana milk into dry ingredients, whisk until just combined.

Using 1/4 cup scoop, form pancakes onto prepared (buttered, sprayed) griddle over low heat. Pancakes will not bubble, will easily come up to turn after about one minute. Flip and cook another half minute or so, until cooked through.

Serve with sliced banana and maple syrup.

banana maca pancakes

Have you tried the egg + banana recipe? What is your favorite pancake?

Comments

It seems like female bloggers are obsessed with pancakes, and to be honest, I don’t think an egg and a banana make up a pancake. That’s like a banana omelette, no? It needs flour or something, which is why yours look delicious! I haven’t had pancakes in years though, so perhaps I have no room to talk… 😉

• Kristina Sloggett says

I kinda have to agree 😉 before this last year or so, I had not made a pancake in forever. Jason is so good at cooking them, and I was telling myself that I was not good at it… then I kindof went into a pancake frenzy for a while. Mmm.

I’ve yet to see the egg and banana pancake. I think your version with protein powder sounds way better! These look amazing! I love foods made with happy chicken eggs. 😉 I need to find me some of those!

I hope you have a great day my friend! I’m thinking about you. I hope things went well with your dad the other day! Love you!

• Kristina Sloggett says

those pancakes have been everywhere 😉 I love protein powder in my cakes, and the maca is always good flavor!

Still haven’t tried maca. But these pancakes look so good (even as a non-pancake eater). Love the addition of the protein. I really need to pin this recipe and make them for Jason. He’s all about pancakes and waffles. Thinking of you and your dad. Hugs!

So glad I found this site!! These pancakes look fabulous! Can’t wait to share them with my friend who suffers from celiac disease. She will absolutely love them.

5. Laryssa says

Would almond milk work in place of the coconut milk? My boyfriend is allergic to coconut, but I’d love to make these for him.

• Kristina Sloggett says

hi Laryssa – I have not tried almond milk with this recipe, but it should work okay? almond milk is a bit thinner, but that should not matter here. enjoy!

I haven’t made the two ingredient pancakes yet. While I normally love less ingredients, these two are too very odd for me. I need flour, baking soda, eggs. I’m a traditionalist of sorts. Then again, never say never, and I love the addition od Maca.

• Kristina Sloggett says

yeah, not sure I’d get on board either – sure, I’d probably have to try them once, but I’m like you – pancakes need some fluffy flour!

we love just about any pancake 😉
    we have made some similar to the 2 ingredient pancake, there are so many versions of it hehe just like so many other recipes out there in the blogging world these days.
    love the addition of protein and maca!!!

Woo hoo! Animated GIF! I’m just going to sit here for 20 minutes staring at it–don’t mind me.

I actually haven’t heard of that 2 ingredient pancake recipe before, but I suppose I’m going to have to try it. Somehow I think your version of banana pancakes is much more delicious, though. :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

since I posted about it, I have been hearing mixed reviews – some LOVE it and others… meh. but yes, if I were a regular egg eater I am positive I’d give it a try too!

It might have more than two ingredients….but it still loks like a great recipe. [And from what I know about maca…also an early morning aphrodesiac? ;)]

Maybe these pancakes–which I have not seen, clearly not reading enough blogs–were how I should have test driven my dive back into the world of eggs.

• Kristina Sloggett says

ooh, YES that might be a good way – DO it. having not tried them myself, I am hearing mixed reviews – seems if you BLEND the banana + egg you get better results, from reports I am hearing back!

Ahhhh! LOVE the animated syrup action shot!! I’ve tried the two ingredient pancakes before. They came out SUPER sweet (since essentially, you’re eating egg and caramelized banana)…way to sweet to have with syrup, in my opinion. They were ok, but I definitely prefer a fluffier pancake.

Seriously? You’re not gonna make ME chose a favorite pancake are you?! 😉

• Kristina Sloggett says

okay, you get a pass in answering that question. but come ON, don’t you have … well, a Top 5? 10?

I prefer a fluffier cake too – good to know, even if I do get my hands on some of those HappyChickenEggs, I may pass 😉

These look amazing!! I love that there is flour in there too, I agree just egg and banana hardly makes a pancake. It may be good and flat but give me some fluffy carbs!! 😉

Love that syrup animation too. SO FUN!

OH. EM. GEE. I am so excited to try these! I did a version I found on the Sunwarrior web site (that I love)… But these look even better! There’s just something about pancakes and bananas, isn’t there? And I love the bit about your friends’ happy chickens. I’ve been vegan for nearly 18 years, but I completely support that idea <3

Trackbacks