This peach crostini recipe is great with fresh basil or balsamic. everyone loves the bright colors and vibrant flavor of this summer appetizer.
recipe originally published September 11, 2012
TABLE OF CONTENTS - Jump to any section:
Fresh peach recipe
This sweet cream roasted peach crostini recipe is one of the reasons we look forward to summer. Truly, it is. I have been asked to bring this crostini to summer parties, and it always disappears quickly when I serve it.
This peach crostini is equally good with fresh chopped basil or a balsamic drizzle.
How to make peach crostini
This fresh and sweet appetizer is quick and easy to make!
Next time you see fresh peaches at the farmers market or store - or are lucky enough to grow your own - grab a baguette as well. Also pick up some cashews if you don't already have them, fresh basil or a balsamic reduction, and you've got all you need for a delicious peach crostini snack that pairs well with your evening glass of crisp cool sauv blanc.
I usually roast the peaches, but have also quickly cooked them on the stovetop. The stovetop method usually happens when I have help in the kitchen, and the baguette has been sliced and is toasting in the oven while I am ready with the chopped peaches.
I make the cashew cream first. Then I slice the baguette and get it in the oven. While the crostini toasts, I chop the peaches and get them ready for their turn in the oven (or get them in the pan).
The rest is as easy as spreading the sweet cashew cream over the toasted crostini, then topping them with fresh roasted peaches and fresh basil or balsamic.
More fresh summertime recipes
- Easy Refrigerator Jam
- Perfect Picnic Pasta Salad
- Light and Fresh Piña Coladas
- Sesame Broccoli Salad
- Cheesy Roasted Hasselback Tomatoes
- Lemon Piccata Potato Salad
Did you make this crostini recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Preheat oven to 300 °F. In blender at high speed, combine cashews, water, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Slice baguette and arrange slices on baking sheet. Toast at 300 °F for 5-7 minutes.
- While baguette toasts, pit and chop the peaches.
- Remove toasted baguette, set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 °F.
- Add parchment to baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Arrange chopped peaches in single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast peaches at 350 °F for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Arrange baguette toasts on a serving platter.
- Top each toast with a spoonful of cashew cream.
- Add a spoonful of roasted peaches atop the cream.
- Finish with finely chopped fresh basil or a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
dairy, egg, gluten free and vegan recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 338mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.