You will have SO MUCH FUN decorating this haunted Halloween Cookie House. The protein cookie recipe is sturdy, making a fun kid friendly party activity.
recipe originally published October 27, 2012
Halloween Cookie House
With my October theme of Treats and Sweets, I first thought lentils would be the most difficult ingredient in this months recipe challenge. But...
Almost immediately I had this idea of a protein cookie haunted house, and it instantly turned into the most fun week.
There's a ghost flying out of the upstairs window, a couple of glittery bats flying around, and a pumpkin.
Okay, maybe not so haunted. Not so spooky.
Protein Cookie Recipe
Even when I was creating this recipe and testing it, I figured it was more of a 'Chopped Challenge" style recipe, and not one that I would make again, let alone encourage my readers to use.
These cookies? are really good.
Now I think I may add lentils to many of my cut out cookie recipes. These taste great, and just as easy as any roll out, cut out cookie recipe.
We make our Vegan Gingerbread House each holiday season using this recipe.
Did You Make This Halloween Cookie House?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- to cook lentils: Bring 1 cup lentils and 2 cups water to a boil, cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool. (lentil package says 2:1 ratio water to lentils, I needed more (gas stove?); I used 1 cup lentils to 2 cups water, then had to add another 1 ½ cups water with 8 minutes left).
- In food processor (with small bowl attachment if available) or blender, puree lentils with water until smooth.
- Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and pureed lentils.
- Stir in flour, combine until dough forms, do not over mix.
- Knead into a ball, cool in refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Roll to ⅓ inch thickness and cut into haunted house pieces and Halloween shapes (I drew stencils).
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, until set. Cool completely before assembling and decorating.
dairy, egg, soy, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.