This chipotle tofu potato burrito is packed with veggies, protein, and flavor. A tasty meal prep recipe makes an easy lunch or dinner.
recipe originally published March 19, 2012
Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito
I have another lunchtime dish to share with you guys. This is a longtime favorite, one I have been enjoying for years. It takes a little more prep than your typical lunch, but if you plan ahead you can make enough for a few lunches this week.
Meal Prep Recipe
I usually make a big ol' batch of these and wrap / freeze for lunches. All but two, we enjoy those for lunch or dinner same day.
Once you taste this, you'll want to do this too.
You'll want more - they sometimes don't make it to the freezer.
I know I cannot be the only one who cannot stop craving the same food every day? Like, I am thinking about lunch at nine in the morning if I know this is what I am having?
No? Just me, huh.
Well - until you have these, anyway.
At this point I place back in oven to warm the whole burrito for a few minutes, for the flavors to combine. These flavors combine well - this is spicy, sweet and savory - it is comfort food for us and we love this.
Jason worked at home one day last week, and I started this an hour before he had a break in meetings. The kitchen smelled fabulous, and we enjoyed a tasty lunch.
What is your recent favorite comfort food?
I hope you try this - please let me know if you do!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito
this vegan Chipotle Tofu Potato Burrito is packed with veggies, protein, and flavor, this tasty hand held makes a perfect lunch you will crave daily!
- 1-2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo)
- ½ block extra firm tofu, cubed
- large handfuls of arugula (1 packed cup)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 small red or Yukon potatoes, cubed
- 2 gluten free wraps (or serve over rice, quinoa - also very good!)
- chipotle mayo
- 2-3 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo)
- ¼ cup cashew cream or vegan mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- In food processor, puree chipotle peppers, pour over cubed tofu to marinate.
- Chop onion, bell pepper and potatoes, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Roast at 350 °F for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Transfer onion and pepper from baking sheet to bowl / plate, set aside. Add tofu cubes to baking sheet with potatoes, return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Build the burrito in layers: chipotle mayo, arugula, sautéed onion + pepper, roasted tofu, roasted potatoes, more chipotle mayo, more arugula, fold and roll.
- For Chipotle Mayo: In food processor, puree chipotle peppers.
- Combine chipotle puree with cashew cream (more or less to taste).
- Double mayo recipe for leftovers - store covered in refrigerator.
dairy, egg, oil, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 burrito
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass says
Kristina - this looks SO DELICIOUS. You rock! Love everything about this...the chipotle, the tofu and the wrap!
Kristina Sloggett says
THANK YOU Allie! this is one of my favorites, super easy comfort food! 🙂
I found your recipe through Gojee. It is a tongue twister! This sounded great to me. My husband made it last week and he isn't the tofu fan that I am. I LOVED this and will definitely make it again!
Hi! I just found your recipe last week. Absolutely perfect for a chipotleholic. I like how easy the recipe was, and loved your GIF too. Thanks for this - it's definitely a new favorite.
My little twists on the recipe are up at my own blog: http://www.andthenicooked.com/2012/09/chipotle-tofu-potato-tacos.html
ha - chipotleholic, that is what I am!! 😉 your tacos sound fantastic!
I made this, cant want to have another. the chipotle is brills!