Hatch Chile Avocado Cream – this quick and easy cream is a cooling topper to a spicy dish, with layers of flavor from rich cashews and mild chiles.
I noticed a thing.
Ever since I shared my Smoky White Chili with Hatch Avocado Cream, there have been a bunch of search queries for the Hatch Avocado Cream recipe. It always comes up in the top searches list like, near the top if not first.
I make this Hatch Chile Avocado Cream sauce often. It is a nice cool contrast to our favorite spicy hot dishes – which, let’s be real, is often. It makes a whole new Avocado Toast.
You can make a whole dish around this sauce too, like these simple Hatch Chile Avocado Burgers, which are literally a bun, your favorite burger patty, this sauce, and extra Hatch chiles. So good:
Hatch Chile Avocado Cream
YIELD: one + cup
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
2-3 tablespoons cashew milk
1 ripe avocado, peel and seed removed
1/3 cup diced Hatch chiles
In blender, combine cashews and milk. Blend at high speed until smooth. Add avocado and Hatch chiles, blend until smooth. Salt to taste.
Store in refrigerator for 2-3 days, in a container with a piece of plastic wrap pressed into the surface for freshness.
Honestly? This goes well with so many things.
printable Hatch Chile Avocado Cream recipe:
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2-3 tablespoons cashew milk
- 1 ripe avocado, peel and seed removed
- ⅓ cup diced Hatch chiles
- sea salt
- In blender, combine cashews and milk. Blend at high speed until smooth. Add avocado and Hatch chiles, blend until smooth. Salt to taste.
- Store in refrigerator for 2-3 days, in a container with a piece of plastic wrap pressed into the surface for freshness.