grapefruit-ginger vodka toddy

grapefruit-ginger vodka toddy

Ceeeellllaaaabrate good times, come on!

Sorry for putting that in your head for the rest of the day, I am just that excited about Vodka Week! I have participated in each and every letter of the #MMAZ alphabet, and have some definite favorites, but vodka? Yes, my most favorite.

This recipes is for those of you who might be feeling under the weather, and also for those who are in complete and utter fear of catching this SuperBug that is going around…  my version of a hot toddy, with vodka.

This is also delicious and warming on it’s own, the non spiked version. One for before work, one for after?

grapefruit-ginger vodka toddy

grapefruit-ginger vodka toddy

serves two

1 cup water
1 cup apple cider
1 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced fine
2 teaspoons cinnamon
juice and zest of 2 grapefruit
1-2 tablespoons sweetener (coconut nectar)
2 ounces vodka

In small saucepan, bring water, apple cider, minced ginger, grapefruit zest and cinnamon to a boil, reduce to simmer. Slice grapefruit in half, squeeze juice into simmering water. Stir in sweetener, simmer a minute or two. Using a strainer to catch grapefruit seeds, zest, ginger, pour into mugs. Stir in one ounce vodka into each mug – enjoy hot.

grapefruit-ginger hot toddy

Need want more recipes with vodka? I’ve got ’em:

sparkly spiked cran-raspberry granita

Valentines spicy hot shots

cherry limeade popsicles

s’mores shots in chocolate glasses

hot chocolate peppermint shots

bottles in ice – fun party idea!

You know I cannot wait to find out what the other #MMAZ bloggers did with vodka!

To see the vodka recipes, visit Heather:

Ooh! Vodka Week is a thing? I very rarely drink, but when I do it’s a Vodka Gimlet. So simple and easy, and considering I’m totally a lightweight, one is more than enough for me.

• Kristina Sloggett says

vodka week is a thing now! 😉 I don’t drink much either, but a simple vodka soda is nice every now and then…

Vodka week? I did not get the memo – however, it’s still early enough in the week for me to participate :) This will be divine on Wed night when it’s supposed to stay under the ‘0’ on the thermostat.

• Kristina Sloggett says

yikes, that is COLD! well, it’s Wednesday, hope you have all these ingredients in your kitchen for this evening? Cheers, and stay warm!

Well, since that song is replacing the Ke$ha that’s been in my head for the last week, I heartily approve. And hot grapefruit? In drink form? This sounds like one of the best ideas I’ve heard in a long time. :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

oh GOOD, happy to help. (unless this one has now been in your head that long…?) grapefruit does very well in drinks, and even in a warm one! who knew?

• Kristina Sloggett says

yes, give it at least two 😉 I used to be that gin girl with ya, I moved from gin and tonic to vodka soda, Mmm…

• Kristina Sloggett says

oh, then I am excited FOR you to make it – I love greyhounds too – for a long time it has been a favorite. Cheers!

• Kristina Sloggett says

I eat them most days too – LOVE grapefruit and I’ve been finding delicious ones lately. enjoy, cheers!

I am short on vodka so I’m making it with gin. I juiced my grapefruit with my JuiceLady juicer.

What do you use the zest for? It’s in the ingredients list but not in the instructions.

• Kristina Sloggett says

whoops, I added the zest at the same time as the juice (to strain out later), thanks for catching that! hope you enjoyed, cheers!

I love vodka and i always want to try new ways about it. And what to know new recipes that has vodka. So thankful that i found this articles of yours cause it give me a new idea of how to use Vodka in new ways.