Maple Cream Pumpkin Cheesecake with Buttery Gingersnap Crust

Maple Cream Pumpkin Cheesecake with Buttery Gingersnap Crust

My pie is made. The appetizer (you still have time to make this amazingness) and the salad (ooh, nostalgia!) will be made today.

The other dessert is made.

The ginger cranberry sauce was made. Then eaten. Then made again. Whew.

The champagne is chilling for brunch mimosas tomorrow, and the decks of cards are ready for playing after dinner.

The smell in the kitchen when the first ingredients of our family dressing recipe come together – that scent is the start of the holiday season for me!

The dressing will be served in that faded yellow Pyrex bowl that has been in our family for generations, and at every holiday table of my life.

When it comes to carving the turkey, I will sit and imagine this scene through the years – seven year old Kristina perched on a stool watching Uncle John in my grandparents kitchen, twelve year old Kristina hovering around Grandpa Z and the electric knife, thirty year old Kristina watching my parents standing close and working together… even if I do not eat the turkey, I have many memories around it.

Three dachshunds running around…

The annual viewing of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation…

This year I get to have so many loved ones in the same room all day – Jason, my brother, my Dad, my mom and step-dad, one sister will be there while one will not (we will miss you guys, Kelly!), and with good memories, laughter and old stories retold, others will be there in spirit – Grandpa and Grandma Z, Uncle Dudley…

I am thankful for so much.

Maple Cream Pumpkin Pie with Buttery Gingersnap Crust

maple cream pumpkin pie

dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan

makes one pie (9 inch spring-form pan)

gingersnap crust:

8 ounces gluten free gingersnap cookies
1/3 cup pecans
1/3 cup butter (vegan, soy free), melted

Crumble cookies and pecans in food processor. Combine 2 cups cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into prepared (greased sides and parchment lined base) spring-form pan, set aside.

maple cream pumpkin filling:

16 ounces cream cheese (vegan)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla paste
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree

In food processor, pulse to combine cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, molasses and pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin puree, continue to process until smooth. Pour over gingersnap crust, smooth into an even layer, hit pan against counter to release bubbles. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes. Turn oven off, leave cake in oven with door open another 20-30 minutes. Remove, cool completely before covering and storing in refrigerator.

Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake with Buttery Gingersnap Crust

Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you.

Comments

• Kristina Sloggett says

oh, you SHOULD – one cannot have too much pie, right? 😀 I hope you have a great holiday – happy Thanksgiving!

Oh my goodness, this looks so delicious! Must try this recipe, afraid will have to be post-Thanksgiving. And your mention of National Lampoons Christmas vacation brings back lots of fab family Christmas memories. Lovely post.

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you, Andrea!! yes, I knew I should have shared this earlier, but there is a whole month of holiday ahead of us, right? :)

happy Thanksgiving!

• Kristina Sloggett says

YES it is!! I am so very excited for tomorrow – I haven’t had everyone together like this since… well, we had a BBQ pool party years ago, and then once when I was in the hospital… 😉

happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Heather – I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Kristina Sloggett says

ahhh, sorry! I knew I should have posted this one earlier. 😉 and nooo, that is not maple syrup (of course not!). it’s a spicy ginger caramel sauce… recipe coming soon… 😉

happy Thanksgiving, hope you are having a fantastic time!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you, Jolene!! he is doing okay… I need to update everyone, but we still have no real news. we have had a couple appointments recently, using a scope to see his throat (VERY interesting, actually – a huge monitor on the wall is what I get to see, the view from the scope!), and we will be going in for a second biopsy soon. I’ll update more when I know a bit more… fingers are still crossed over here, for good news.

thanks for asking… I hope you have a most wonderful holiday!! happy Thanksgiving, I am thankful to know YOU! XO

2. Laurel says

My pecan pie was made and eaten. My cashew cream cheese sugar pumpkin pie w/cookie crust is half gone. My cranberry sauce was made and is gone, so it was made again last night. Today I’m moving on to another pumpkin pie and hopefully blueberry as well. I think this family needs to find someone else who can bake!
    Thanks for sharing all your lovely memories. I’m extra specially glad that your Dad will be able to share the day with you. Love and stars are shining down on you from the universe because you, yourself are so special. I am especially grateful that I get to stalk you whenever I want and haven’t yet been served with a restraining order.

• Kristina Sloggett says

and you will never be served one!

your comments always make me smile, make me laugh, make me happy. I am thankful for YOU, for reading and connecting and making what I do here so fun.

I too am so happy Dad is going to be sharing the whole day with us, for so many reasons. this year has been bumpy, and tomorrow will be nice…

I hope you have a wonderful day too, my dear. I am laughing – it is so very good to know I am not the only one who prepares food for the holiday and … has to make more. ahem. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you, Alyssa! I know tomorrow will definitely bring new fond memories. I hope you have a great day as well, happy Thanksgiving!

• Kristina Sloggett says

I am so so happy about that – having many loved ones in the same place 😀 I hope you all have a wonderful holiday… XO

• Kristina Sloggett says

ah, sweetie sweets! your friendship means so much to me, and you have been there for me during my terribly rough year – I am so very thankful for that! XXO to you, dear!

I read the first two sentences of this post too fast and thought you were saying that your pie is the appetizer :) Maybe I was onto something? 😉

Love the looks of this pie! Gingersnap crust sounds perfect. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

• Kristina Sloggett says

pie as appetizer?? sounds good to me, I would NOT complain… our Thanksgiving was lovely, I hope yours was as well! happy holidays, my friend!

happiest of days today my dear, I am so glad you get to spend it with your family…especially with your dad. much love my friend. much love.

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you so SO much – it was a perfect day, I was so happy to have everyone in one place.

I hope your holiday was just as perfect – XXO

I opened up this post and gasped….it seriously sounds AWESOME! The gingersnap crust must make all the flavors come together in one happy bite! Beautiful, Hugs, Terra

• Kristina Sloggett says

thank you, Terra! I agree, the gingersnap flavor is a nice sharp contrast to the creamy tangy sweetness… I was thrilled with the result here. Happy Holidays!

6. Lora @cakeduchess says

I couldn’t remember if I left a comment here or not…oh.my.gosh. I adore this. I want a slice of this luscious pie right now. I want to bake it now but I will eat the whole thing by myself:)

• Kristina Sloggett says

I cannot wait to make this one again – it was a last minute thing to make this with the maple cream… I had a request for a pumpkin pie, and you know I cannot do anything just traditional, as is… 😉

I have to agree with Terra; this pumpkin pie is gaspworthy!! This one will have to go on All Gluten-Free Desserts … All the Time for sure! :-)

Love all your Thanksgiving memories, dear. They made me flash back to some of my own. 😉

xo,
    Shirley

8. Zach says

I made this for our turkey day (actually made three of them, we had 26 people at our house!) and it is now going to be made at Christmas, probably New Year, and evermore! thanks for the tasty pie and happy holiday to you!

• Kristina Sloggett says

hi Zach! so happy to hear this, and wow, three! good for you, glad everyone enjoyed! happy holidays to you!

9. Heidi says

This looks fabulous, but I have a few questions: I’m assuming the pecans get ground up with the cookies? They were never mentioned again!

What deliciousness is drizzled on top?

And where does one typically find vanilla paste (or is it something you made)?

Many thanks — can’t wait to try it!

• Kristina Sloggett says

OOPS ! yes, the pecans get processed with the cookies into the crust – thank you for catching that, I have updated the recipe! I made a caramel sauce (similar to this one, but added fresh ginger to spice it up).

vanilla paste is simply another form of vanilla; it is not as easily found – although if you have a Williams Sonoma or similar store nearby, they carry it. You can sub an equal amount of pure vanilla extract in place of the paste if you cannot find it.

hope that helps – enjoy! this is one of my favorite cakes, we will be having it again this year for Thanksgiving.

I’m sick with a nasty cold and I’m being good by staying home, so that means I can still make cheesecake right? Looks wonderful and def making today. :)

11. marsha taylor says

Your recipe for Maple Cream pumpkin pie sounds wonderful as I am Canadian Maple syrup next to Poutine is our 2nd favourite food group. I’m having early Thanksgiving Sept. 20th, this year Thanksgiving is October 13th so to you and yours blessings . marsha taylor

Trackbacks