Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini

Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini – roasted sweet peaches and cream, with a flavorful balsamic drizzle –  a brightly colored and vibrantly flavored summer treat!

Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini

I think of her nearly every day, but I really miss my best friend Katie on this day.

I miss visiting my favorite city, and the adventurous escapades we had there.

I simply miss my favorite city. Still my favorite, but not the same. Katie is no longer there, and the twin towers are no longer visible from her old apartment window.

Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini

Eleven years ago on September 10th, I spent my very last day in my four year spa director position, a move that would later catapult me to one of the biggest spa opportunities of my career, although I did not yet know it.

The next morning I woke up to a tragedy and a changing nation.

There’s no easy way to transition to a recipe post – really no way really at all.

Just know I am spending my day reflecting on the events of eleven years ago, and sending strength and love to all of those still suffering loss. Sending gratitude to those emergency responders involved and those we lost (including Katie), and those who continue the brave fight for this great country.

Just like those heirlooms, I cannot get enough of the peaches this year – they are so SO juicy sweet perfect. When I actually have plans to make something with them, I have to buy extra, because it is inevitable that I will eat half of the peaches as I prep them.

Seriously, this recipe almost didn’t even happen.

Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini

I needed an appetizer the other day, and I wanted to make something with the fresh peaches we have been enjoying. I roasted the peaches and paired them with a sweet cashew cream and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.

Sweet and salty, savory and crunchy, light and colorful – perfect for a summertime get together.

Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini

sweet cream roasted peach crostini

1 (gluten free) sourdough baguette, sliced thin
2 fresh peaches
sweet cashew cream (recipe follows)
balsamic reduction

Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet, toast in 300 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. While baguette toasts, pit and chop the peaches. Remove toasted baguette, set aside. Increase oven temperature to 350. Add parchment to baking sheet (for easy cleanup), arrange chopped peaches in single layer on baking sheet, roast for 15 – 20 minutes. While peaches roast, prepare cashew cream.

Arrange baguette toasts on a serving platter, top each with a spoonful of cashew cream. Add a spoonful of roasted peaches atop the cream, finish with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.

sweet cashew cream

3/4 cup cashews
1/2 cup coconut milk (carton)
1/4 cup maple syrup
water as needed

In food processor, pulse cashews to a fine crumb. Add milk and maple syrup, continue to process until smooth. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, as needed to reach desired thickness.

To make balsamic reduction, see these how-to directions.

Sweet Cream Roasted Peach Crostini

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

I still cannot believe that was 11 years ago today. In some ways it feels like only yesterday. It is funny because I likely couldn’t tell you where I was on any other given day that year or most other years, but I will definitely never forget everything about that day. The weather, the way the sun shined, where I sat and how I felt. It is burned into my mind’s eye.
    Thanks for taking time to acknowledge it and of course, thanks for another incredible recipe :) I need those baguettes in my life, haha

I know – I recall it all like it was yesterday – down to the weather.

sending hugs to you, Beth, thanks for your kind and uplifting comments every day – they make me smile :)

I had forgotten what day it was until I turned on the news… Can you believe it’s already been 11 years?!

This recipe looks like the perfect end of summer peaches celebration. I love how these unplanned things can turn into something incredible! I have just the balsamic to use…

What a beautiful post and tribute, friend. I had no idea the tie you had to 9/11. Wow. And this appetizer? looks divine. absolutely drooling. XOXO

I remember it all like it was yesterday – that whole week (Katie was an early responder, she called me every night recounting her day, trying to let go of it…). such a tragedy for so many <3

I’ll probably get stoned for saying this, but I can’t stand peaches! However, this makes them look tasty. I still won’t eat it, but you do make them sound almost tempting. :)

we have a dedicated gluten free bakery here in Portland – next time you visit I’ll show you! they have a sourdough… not exactly the same, but I’ll take it! :) congrats on your garden – what a lovely way to mark this day and make it positive!

This day will always be a little sad, I know the feeling of missing a dear friend, but luckily didn’t know anyone personally who was lost in 9/11. Either way, I will always remember.

On a happier note – that sweet cashew cream sounds awesome – I never thought to use coconut milk in a cashew cream, but it sounds fantastic. Pinning now!

In fact, I just finished a serving of your artichoke ceviche for lunch – delicious!! :)

Max is 11 1/2, so that time is very prevalent in my thoughts. I remember nursing him and seeing what had happened on tv. I still get chills to this day. I’m so sorry you lost your dear friend. Her life was definitely not in vein. We will always remember!

Looks really delicious! I neve thought of bruschetta as a sweet treat so your recipe really intrigued me! Could be a great alternative for scones, cream and jam (I live in London so afternoon tea is really important). Thanks for sharing and come and visit my blog indigomemoirs.com, sometime!

8. Priscilla says

I pause to reflect each year. Our dauhter’s birthday is on the 10th and I remember waking up after a day of celebration to the horror that would change so many lives. On a lighter note, I use coconut milk in a lot if things and now I can add cashew cream! Lovely recipe :)

such a sad time for our country – this day is always a somber one. and YES – cashew cream with coconut milk – decadent! :)