triple chocolate truffles

Quite a few people have asked for this recipe after I posted a photo the other day. Not generally a fan of the teaser post, I figured I better get on the stick.

So here I am, on a Wednesday night in front of Modern Family, in my post op haze of Vicodin, mashed potatoes and a chocolate spinach smoothie. An ice pack for a pillow. Cool, cool pillow. Writing a three step recipe. A three ingredient recipe. Sort of.

Good thing these truffles are absolutely way too easy.

Well, okay, you have to have a cake fail to make them, but after that? Easy peasy.

triple chocolate truffles

1/2 dark chocolate bundt cakeΒ (sub any chocolate cake or brownie recipe)
1/3 to 1/2 cup cream cheese (dairy free)
8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped

Crumble cake into small pieces, combine with cream cheese into a doughy consistency. Roll into one inch balls. In saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate. Using a spoon, dip and roll each ball into melted chocolate, coating completely. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet that fits in your refrigerator. Repeat with remaining balls / chocolate. Cool in refrigerator until chocolate coating is set.

Enjoy!

Please? For me?

Because until I am able to chew food again, I’m just eating the chocolate cream cheese by the spoonful…

need more chocolate goodness?

raspberry jalapeno chocolates

spicy chipotle chocolate ganache truffles

spicy chipotle ganache truffles

lavender cream chocolate truffles

lavender cream truffles

dark chocolate mint truffles

dark chocolate mint truffles

Comments

Anna, this was the first time I’ve actually dipped them all the way with a spoon (usually I spoon the chocolate over the top). this was SO much easier! the whole process takes a little time, but definitely not intimidating at all – make them! :)

indeed!

…and these are actually quadruple chocolate, since the cake has chocolate chunks in it… just didn’t have the same ring to it…

Hope you are recovering ok!!! And omg I must must MUST make these! These are like the PMS survival pack all rolled into chocolatey goodness!

I’m doing okay, thank you! :) still on the pain meds, so groggy and loopy, but doing okay! there is a dachshund and a nap in my very near future… and please do make these – you will LOVE them!!

Ohhh how are you feeling today my dear? See? You survived it! Never fun tho, boo!!

PS. I want these truffles like RIGHT NOW. Drool.

yes, I survived! :) still in pain today, held off as long as I could before giving in and taking another pain pill – they make me loopy and I really don’t like them, but… no pain! πŸ˜‰ I’m making another batch of these truffles for a friend’s birthday this weekend, I can hopefully eat one by then? :) Happy Thursday, my friend!

Thanks for posting the recipe for these..I had a feeling they were the “destroy a cake and add cream cheese to it” method. That, or frosting. But b/c it was a Philly post, I figured it was cream cheese. They look divine!

heh – I read it again this morning, sounded okay so here it is! πŸ˜‰ really good that it was not a lengthy recipe, right? feeling a bit better today, had to take another Vicodin, though, but I held off as long as I could!

Can the easter bunny magically put this in my easter basket πŸ˜‰

Happy Thursday! Hope all is well and hope the house stuff is coming along!

Prayers to your dad <3

thank you friend – we need them today, his oncologist tells us what the new plan is. I appreciate you!

I so wish I could have these magically appear for you this Sunday! XO

5. Aimee M says

An alternative to using bundt cake/any cake is COOKIES! My friend makes these with cream cheese and oreos, then dips them in chocolate. Heaven in a ball? I think so. Can’t wait to try your recipe!

Look at you super woman! I hope you recover quickly but not too quickly so you can enjoy the fabulousness known as chocolate cream cheese. Hugs!

I’ve made these before, but I don’t make the whole chocolate cake. I crush a package of oreos in the food processor and then cream it with the cream cheese. It keeps me from having to turn on the oven! Just a thought for the coming summer days :)

Alyssa, thanks for the great idea – I will do this next time! I know, making the whole cake is kind of a lot, but it was my cake fail, so at least I have something to do with it if it happens again! πŸ˜‰

Alright, these look phenomenal! I mean I absolutely want to eat them right now!! Ah, I guess I will have to make some as soon as a I get a chance.

I hope you are feeling better soon! Thanks for the idea :)

thank you, Lilly Sue – I am feeling better today! and you are very welcome – I hope you enjoy!

9. Jack says

made these using a brownie recipe, otherwise the same. thanks for showing how easy it is, these are delicious! J Cromsbell

Uiuiuiuiui!! 😯 😯 😯 I’ve tried to make such choc-coated truffles a couple of times for Christmas, but the coating always ended up leaving the truffles and making lakes on the baking tray. Chapeau for these ones!

11. Jenny says

so this turned out to be quite the project because I made your bundt cake first LOL! but the rest was easy from there, and so worth it! I scared my son because the cake turned out beautifully, and I waited for him to walk in the room and I just stuck my hand in it, ruining the cake!! my son screamed at me!! that might be the best part of this whole thing! πŸ˜‰ thanks for the recipe.

12. Brenda Johnson (@longdoglover) says

chocolate cream cheese??? we don’t have that in canada… i wonder if I mixed some nutella with some spreadable cream cheese? what do you think

• Kristina Sloggett says

YES Brenda this would absolutely work! cocoa + cream cheese would work too, or melted chocolate… Mmm…

13. Cynthia says

Love love love this frightfully clever idea! Would like a little bit more info as to how much cake or prepared brownies one would use instead of half a bundt cake. One whole pan? Please? Thank you.

14. Cynthia says

Oooh I just noticed the comment about using cookies and I thought of that too. I bet Toll House would be good!