these Vegan Taco Hand Pies are a tasty treat for Taco Tuesday! Quick and easy plant based filling folded into pie dough makes a dippable hand held!
recipe originally published March 14, 2011
Vegan Taco Hand Pies
Fair warning - math enthusiasts everywhere will be celebrating with pie this week, because March 14 is Pi Day, or 3.14. If you are a regular spabettie reader, you know that this ex accountant celebrates every year.
This year we are celebrating with savory pie - spicy mini Vegan Taco Hand Pies!
If you are celebrating pi day also, see all of our pie recipes for Pi Day!
The filling for these Vegan Taco Hand Pies could not be easier! Begin with my favorite Versatile Vegan Meaty Crumbles, add taco seasonings and some kale for veggies, and fold it all up in a mini hand held pastry.
Serve them with plenty of guacamole, salsas, and a crispy green salad on the side!
more taco recipes
- Taco Crunchwrap
- Taco Stuffed Baked Potato
- BBQ Pulled Porcini Tacos
- Ranchero Brunchwrap
- Fresh Flavorful Raw Tacos
- Fish Taco Crunchwrap
Did you make these taco hand pies?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In large skillet over medium heat, prepare the Meaty Crumbles recipe.
- Add chopped kale and sauté until kale is wilted down and softened.
- Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika. Stir to coat completely. Continue to cook over medium heat for several minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out pie dough. Using a knife or dough cutter, carefully cut dough into 4-5 inch circles.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons filling to one side of pie dough circle, being careful to not overfill. Fold over the other side of the pie dough, pressing with fingers and then crimping with a fork.
- Use a knife to cut 2-3 vents into top of pie. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Re roll pie dough and continue to cut circles and fill. Use small dough scraps to decorate pie tops.
- Bake at 375 °F for 25 minutes or until pie crust is fully cooked and golden brown.
- Serve warm with guacamole and salsa. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator and enjoy within 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.