these Vegan Taco Hand Pies are a tasty treat for Taco Tuesday! Quick and easy plant based filling folded into pie dough makes a dippable hand held!
Vegan Taco Hand Pies
Fair warning – math enthusiasts everywhere will be celebrating with pie this week, because March 14 is Pi Day, or 3.14. If you are a regular spabettie reader, you know that this ex accountant celebrates every year.
Last year I finally collected all of my Pi pies in one post – go Celebrate Pi Day with Sweet and Savory Pie!
This year we are celebrating with savory pie – spicy mini Vegan Taco Hand Pies!
The filling for these Vegan Taco Hand Pies could not be easier! Begin with my favorite Versatile Vegan Meaty Crumbles, add taco seasonings and some kale for veggies, and fold it all up in a mini hand held pastry.
Serve them with plenty of guacamole, salsas, and a crispy green salad on the side!
more taco recipes
printable Vegan Taco Hand Pies recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In large skillet over medium heat, prepare the Meaty Crumbles recipe.
- Add chopped kale and sauté until kale is wilted down and softened.
- Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika. Stir to coat completely. Continue to cook over medium heat for several minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll out pie dough. Using a knife or dough cutter, carefully cut dough into 4-5 inch circles.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons filling to one side of pie dough circle, being careful to not overfill. Fold over the other side of the pie dough, pressing with fingers and then crimping with a fork.
- Use a knife to cut 2-3 vents into top of pie. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Re roll pie dough and continue to cut circles and fill. Use small dough scraps to decorate pie tops.
- Bake at 375 °F for 25 minutes or until pie crust is fully cooked and golden brown.
- Serve warm with guacamole and salsa. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator and enjoy within 3 days.
365 Everyday Value, Chili Powder Blend, 2.05 Ounce
McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cumin, 1.5 oz
McCormick Roasted Garlic Powder, 2.62 oz
Frontier Chili Peppers Red Crushed (15,000 Heat Units), 1.2-Ounce Bottle
Morton & Bassett Paprika Smoked, 2 ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 pieces
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 159 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into the best way to spend her days – sharing how flavorful and vibrant vegan food is! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.