this Vegan Cookies and Cream Pound Cake recipe is what sweet dreams are made of! Moist cake with your favorite cookie throughout. gluten free pound cake option.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Vegan Pound Cake
Pound cake is a simple classic. Equally welcome at a fancy brunch or an easy weeknight dessert, this recipe for vegan pound cake lets you enjoy that old favorite.
Enjoy a sweet slice as is, or top with fresh berries, whip cream, chocolate, caramel, anything! This Cookies and Cream Pound Cake recipe adds the extras for you – pieces of cookie throughout the entire loaf – YUM.
Why is it called Pound Cake?
Traditionally, pound cake means one pound each butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. That is the extent of the recipe – just grab your kitchen scale and preheat the oven!
How To Make Vegan Pound Cake
A vegan pound cake is a bit more involved, but the familiar soft and dense texture and sweet happy bite remains. The measures are different, and this Vegan Pound Cake uses dairy free yogurt and milk in addition to the sugar, butter, and flour.
This Cookies and Cream Pound Cake is definitely going to be a staple in our kitchen – we have already enjoyed it twice.
Gluten Free Pound Cake
The gluten free brand Kinnikinnick has been around for a while, and is still one of my favorite gluten free brands. They have a gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie. They are also vegan – it is sometimes difficult to find both.
Making a gluten free pound cake is easy. Use a gluten free sandwich cookie, and gluten free all purpose flour. My note, after making this recipe as is before then making it gluten free:
If you are using a gluten free all purpose flour, use 1 1/4 cups, or 1/4 cup less than what the recipe calls for. Bake the cake for 45 minutes. Unless it is still gooey when you insert a toothpick, remove the cake after 45 minutes of baking. (If a few crumbs still cling to the toothpick? You are good.)
How Long Will Pound Cake Stay Fresh?
My rule for freshness is about three days, stored in an airtight container. After that, I slice the pound cake and French Toast it.
Yep, in our house, French Toasting is a verb:
Quick Bread French Toast Recipes
- Pumpkin Bread French Toast : using our favorite pumpkin bread, this is a perfect weekend brunch recipe, or even a great dinner option…
- Snickerdoodle French Toast : following the same recipe as the pumpkin bread version, this sweet snickerdoodle bread makes a delicious presentation everyone loves!
- Savory Broccoli Cheddar French Toast : topped with marinara and studded with fresh broccoli, we stray from the sweet for a minute with this recipe, and it is SO worth it!
Sweet Vegan Treats Book
My friend Hannah Kaminsky has done it again! I love to sit with her books and read them cover to cover. Brimming with her signature stunning photos and real recipes that work, Sweet Vegan Treats is another great book you will want in your kitchen.
The recipes in Hannahs latest book have been tested and approved by vegans and non vegans. I know this holds up, because I shared this Cookies and Cream Pound Cake with non vegan friends. They all loved it, wanted more, and wanted the recipe.
Not a big dessert fan? Hannah has you covered with some sweet breakfast recipes too:
Sweet Vegan Treats Recipes
The Sweet Vegan Treats book gives you 90 Cookies, Brownies, Cakes and Tarts. A few we have tried and cannot wait to try include:
- Carrot Cake Quinoa Cereal : I was SO intrigued by this, it was the first recipe I made. crispy crunchy granola sort of cereal that satisfies. I LOVE it.
- Golden Glazed Doughnuts : sorta reminiscent of the hot and fresh off the line doughnuts we all know and love. the flavors bring sweet nostalgia.
- Black Bottom Brownies : I love a brownie bottom and I cannot lie. this dessert is everything you imagine it to be and more.
- Power Hungry Granola : this substantial sweet breakfast is packed with nutrients and protein to get you through the morning. smart fuel that’s sweet, too.
- Five Minute Coconut Fudge : seriously. all fudge should take five minutes and be this good. this can be added to the list of last minute holiday treats we all need.
- Marshmallow Mud Cake : soft puffs of marshmallow cream blanket a rich dark chocolate cake. this pairing is an instant classic and one you’ll want again and again.
- Harvest Pie : celebrate the flavors of the season with all the fruits! together in a sweet maple pie crust, this one would work well on any holiday table.
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake : cheesecake is by far my favorite dessert, and one with the delicious flavors of coffee and the familiar caramel crosshatch? divine.
- Cashew Creme Pear Tart : tender spiced pears hugged by rich maple cashew creme inside a nutty crust. Mmm, the tastes of fall are strong with this one!
More Hannah Kaminsky Recipes
- Instant Kimchi Noodle Soup : a favorite spicy soup we make often! quick and easy, 10 minutes cooking time gets you a super flavorful bowl! easy kimchi recipe included.
- Black Forest Skillet Crisp : a stove top shortcut gets you this rich chocolate cherry crisp in no time! a quick and easy dessert you can make anytime!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
making a gluten free pound cake is easy. Use a gluten free sandwich cookie, and gluten free all purpose flour. when using a gluten free all purpose flour, use 1 1/4 cups, or 1/4 cup less than what the recipe calls for. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan recipe
to make Gluten Free:
Bake the cake for 45 minutes. Unless it is still gooey when you insert a toothpick, remove the cake after 45 minutes of baking. (If a few crumbs still cling to the toothpick? You are good.)
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 173 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 255mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
making a gluten free pound cake is easy. Use a gluten free sandwich cookie, and gluten free all purpose flour. when using a gluten free all purpose flour, use 1 1/4 cups, or 1/4 cup less than what the recipe calls for.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.