this vegan Chile Relleno Pot Pie is a mildly spicy comfort food entree with the flavors and components of chile relleno - a good recipe for Pi Day or a random Tuesday.
Vegan Chile Relleno Pot Pie
See all of our pie recipes for Pi Day!
Pi Day is here again, this time with a chile relleno pot pie! As a former accountant and math nerd, I have an irrational love of this day. Heh. Also, I apparently like to make shamelessly bad jokes.
You all know, I celebrate Pi Day every year. This year I once again chose savory flavors. This is more a deconstructed chile relleno, but it does incorporate all components - poblano peppers, cheese, egg. I added jackfruit to make it a meal, and a spicier pepper for another layer of flavor.
I have already made this jackfruit chile relleno mixture twice - once as you see in pie form, and another time over quinoa (minus the VeganEgg). We love these flavors, so it's safe to say I'll be making this one regularly.
Find More Pi Day Recipes Here
happy Pi Day!
Did you make this Chile Relleno Pot Pie?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Vegan Chile Relleno Pot Pie
Vegan Chile Relleno Pot Pie - a mildly spicy comfort food entree with the flavors and components of chile relleno - a good recipe for Pi Day or a random Tuesday.
- 3 poblano chile peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1 (20 ounce) can jackfruit, shredded
- 4 ounces vegan jack cheese (grated) or Tangy Cheese Sauce
- 4 servings VeganEgg (8 tablespoons VE + 2 cups water)
- 1 Easy Gluten Free and Vegan Pie Crust recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place poblano pepper directly on gas burner over flame; using tongs, carefully turn after pepper is charred / blistered (3-4 minutes). Char all sides, remove from heat. Place in small bowl and cover with kitchen towel, allow to steam / cool for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion, garlic, and chipotle peppers in a bit of oil or water until softened and translucent. Add shredded jackfruit, continue to sauté another few minutes until warmed through and combined completely.
- Once cooled, peel charred skins from peppers. Slice lengthwise, removing seeds and stem. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Prepare VeganEgg and have all other ingredients ready for assembly.
- In greased individual ramekins, spread the jackfruit mixture evenly, dividing equally. Sprinkle grated cheese (or spoon cheese sauce) evenly over jackfruit, then add poblano peppers in an even layer. Pour / spoon VeganEgg over poblano, in an even layer. Top with pie crusts and cut vents.
- Bake at 425 °F for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (Check after 25 minutes or so, covering crust with foil if it is getting dark.)
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Oh my gosh, those are the cutest pot pies I have ever seen! They sound delicious, too!
Becky Striepe says
Oh my goodness, I'd like to eat this every day forever!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table says
Jackfruit pie is brilliant. WHY do I always forget Pi Day until the actual day?!