Garlic pistachio cranberry tarts are rich and colorful pillows of flavor. The perfect appetizer for game day, and through the holiday season.
recipe originally published December 28, 2011
Cranberry Appetizer for the holiday season
Cranberries are a classic holiday flavor - see more of our favorite cranberry recipes.
These garlic pistachio cranberry tarts are a tasty two bite appetizer with flavorful pistachio filling and ginger cranberry sauce.
This is one of those recipes I look forward to all year long. The garlic onion pistachio filling is one I keep thinking of, coming up with new ways to use it.
Although 'by the spoonful' is a good choice, and we have enjoyed the pistachio filling as a dip before.
These have such amazing flavors, people that actually like turkey may not miss it. I only wish I had thought of these years ago - I never ate turkey.
I have also made a gluten free version that tastes just as good - simply using a gluten free pie crust. So yum!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1+ cup raw pistachios, shelled
- water by the tablespoon, as needed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- sea salt to taste
- vegan puff pastry shells (or Easy Vegan Pie Crust for gluten free)
- 6-7 tablespoons Ginger Cranberry Sauce
- Reserve several (12) pistachios to use as garnish.
- Combine pistachios and 2 tablespoons water in blender, blend at highest speed until almost creamy.
- While blending, add garlic, onion powder and salt. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency, 1 tablespoon at a time. For this recipe, I wanted it thick enough to pipe into tart shells, and have used anywhere from 2-5 tablespoons.
- Cook tart shells / pie crust according to package.
- Pipe about 2 tablespoons garlic pistachio spread into each, and top with (about a tablespoon) ginger cranberry sauce and a pistachio.
- These are great served warm or room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 6g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.