Asparagus mushroom breakfast scramble stuffed peppers make a fun, fast and flavorful Halloween breakfast - or breakfast for dinner - AND a fun Halloween craft!
Breakfast stuffed peppers
This morning I have for you an incredibly flavorful and incredibly easy scramble recipe - perfect any time of day and any time of year, or for Halloween breakfast if you want to stuff it into some fun Pepper Jacks.
Two Pepper Jack recipes this year?
I may have a third before this month is up.
Back to this scramble, though.
My usual scramble has creamy cashew milk, cheesy nutritional yeast... I pared this way down to the true basics, plus a couple of my favorite scramble veggies - asparagus and mushrooms. But the scramble base - back to basic. In this case though, basic does not mean boring, or no flavor. This was perfection, in my humble opinion.
I did use the scramble basic that is Kala Namak - the wonderfully sulphery Himalayan Black Salt that brings the eggy umami to scrambles worldwide. It truly makes a difference, and you need so little! Trust me on that one, you need so very little.
We had some fun with the Pepper Jack faces again too...
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 4 small bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon dairy free butter
- 1 pint crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) container firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon
- Kala Namak / black salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Slice asparagus into bite size pieces. Place in small bowl, toss with olive oil and sea salt. Arrange in single layer on large baking sheet, leaving room for 4 bell peppers.
- Cut tops off bell peppers as you would a pumpkin, remove all seeds and ribs inside. Carefully cut jack o’ lantern faces into the best surface side of each pepper.
- Place on baking sheet with asparagus. Roast asparagus and bell peppers at
- °F for 20 minutes, removing halfway through to flip asparagus and check on Pepper Jacks.
- While asparagus roasts, make the scramble: In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushroom slices, sauté for several minutes. Add tofu, crumbing with hands as it goes into skillet. Before stirring, add pepper, turmeric, and Kala Namak. Stir to combine with mushrooms, breaking up tofu into bite size pieces.
- Remove asparagus and Pepper Jacks from oven; add asparagus to scramble, stirring to combine. Remove from heat when scramble is cooked through.
- Fill Pepper Jacks with scramble, placing larger pieces (mushrooms) around large openings to keep filling inside. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.