chocolate peanut butter pancakes

My theme for VeganMoFo 2012 is ‘Treats and Sweets’.

‘Treats and Sweets’ also pertains to breakfast.

I hope you already knew that, but if not, have I got the breakfast for you.

After going… what, several years? without eating pancakes except for these pancakes, lately I have been on a weekly pancake schedule.

I invited my brother over for pancakes on Sunday morning. Then I was happy he didn’t want to come over, since we were out singing karaoke until 4:am. Yes, I probably invited him around 1:30am… Β nevermind.

He came over later in the day, and we enjoyed these pancakes – made with peanut butter and served with more peanut butter and maple syrup. Like a peanut butter cup in a pancake stack. Perfect for a… Sunday afternoon.

chocolate peanut butter pancakes

adapted from double rich chocolate pancakes

dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan

makes 12-15 medium size pancakes

2/3 cup gluten free all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cupΒ Silk Chocolate Soymilk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons agave (or sweetener of choice)

In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and xanthan gum, stirring out lumps. In blender, combine chocolate milk, peanut butter and agave*, add to dry mixture. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter onto an oiled skillet overΒ medium low heat. Flip when pancakes bubble, cooking through on the other side (a minute or so each side).

*try not to drink this as is

We sang everything from seventies soft rock to current rap. Yep, pancakes were a good call for a ‘late breakfast’.

You just slip out the back, Jack, make a new plan, Stan

I wish I could come have breakfast at your house. I want those pancakes and I want to snuggle Basil!

Hope you are well and hope dad is <3

I need to ask you about glam media, if you have time to email me!

me too!! Basil would show off his new Halloweenie costume… πŸ˜‰ we go TODAY to hear about Dad’s biopsy results – cross your fingers and send us those awesome Katie vibes… I will definitely email you later! XXO

I know, considering my normal wake up time is around 5, well. let’s just say I slept in a bit that Sunday… πŸ˜‰

These peanut butter pancakes look great, hard to resist a stack of these pancakes. Is there anything better than a combination of peanut butter, cocoa and maple syrup?! YUM!

Suddenly, I’m feeling the need for pancakes!! I am going to try these with almond instead of peanut butter (though I know the PB would be fabulous. . . .I am SO missing my peanut butter!). They look amazing.

Yum!!! I’m such a huge peanut butter junkie so these pancakes are totally up my alley, plus anything with chocolate is awesome in my book. Sounds deee-lish :-)

Oh Em Gee. Puhleeeeze make your way to Chicago on Sunday to bring me these?? I LOVE peanut butter, I LOVE chocolate, and I LOVE pancakes. ridiculous.

6. Cathy says

Hello! I really want to try these, but what is xantham gum, and is it something I need if I am making them non-vegan? :)

hi Cathy! I use xanthan gum with my gluten free flours – it mimics gluten in baked goods. if you are using normal flours, you do not need to use it (and you can use gluten free flours without it also – the pancakes might not be as “fluffy”. hope you enjoy!