pizza pepper jacks

The other day, I received a major indicator of the arrival of fall and the arrival of Halloween – the annual email announcing the Corn Maize!

There is a haunted maize and a ‘normal’ one – this year the design incorporates Portlandia, our statue, with Portlandia the awesome television series.

They put a bird on it.

As our evenings get cooler, this is also when I start carving bell peppers – practice for the pumpkins to come.

Who doesn’t like pizza flavor?Β See my pizza pepper jacks recipe here.

I made these “pepper jacks” for something special – the Foodie Back To School Cookbook! Perfect for fall, perfect for back to school, perfect kid friendly fun food that gets a couple vegetables in (there are greens hidden in the pizza polenta).

This is one of two recipes I have featured – I am honored and excited to be alongside some fantastic bloggers and their recipes in this cookbook!

…and because the folks at Foodie are so dang cool, you can all see the entire cookbook contents here! My recipes are on pages 74 and 134.

I love Halloween.

Comments

HALLOWEEN. The only reason I find fall an acceptable season :) These jacks make me happy. As does Portlandia. And a free cookbook? I’m all over that, going to check it out.

How fricken adorable are these?!!! My little one would just eat these things up! I am in the costume business so I absolutely LOVE Halloween as well – fall is coming so quickly!

3. Tommy says

congrats on the cookbook, I had to go find you immediately! (you should share the pages you are on, geez). πŸ˜‰ I love these ‘jacks… you’d make an awesome mama, I have to say again…

aw, Tommy thank you! you are truly my number one fan, you know that?? so awesome (I just got your email – that means SO MUCH to me!!).

Congratulations! See? You are so totally publishable. I still look forward to the Spabettie Spectacular Culinary Collection. In hardcover, with glamphotos. And autographed please. :)
    I would like to make the peppers in all different colors and switch their “hats” around. I think if my mom had made these when I was a kid, I would have really liked eating peppers!

I know, I really think I need to make that Spectacular thing happen… with glamphotos of course! and if I ever do, remind me to send an autographed one your way πŸ˜‰

I love your different colored hats idea – so fun!

5. Hannah-lyz says

I made these for our halloween feast! Though I did a smokey-veggie-mince filling instead! They went down amazingly! I don’t like peppers, so I hollowed out and carved a chunk of courgette! So funny, and surprisingly nice! Thanks for the inspiration! β™₯