curried lentil soup with cauliflower croutons

All of the sudden, Portland is cold. Jason and I spent all Valentines day together, going to breakfast, running errands, walking the dog… you know, comforting togetherness. All day, though, both of us kept talking about how cold it was (and Jason is never cold!). Coming home after Valentines dinner out, there was ice on the ground where we live.

Portland finally got it’s winter! That means all kinds of comforting soups and lots of slow cooker action. While our favorite soup continues to be my African peanut, we like all kinds of soup around here.

I always like my soups to have some kind of crunchy garnish, so this curried lentil soup comes with cauliflower croutons.

Yeah, I could eat a whole pan of that. I will even admit that I have. Oops. Yes, I had to make another batch for a recipe. It was worth the drive back to the store…

See these recipes on Foodie.

Comments

It’s getting pretty chilly over here too! I think yesterday it reached 63 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrr! I had to break out my winter coat {true story}. Ha. I think the best thing to warm me heat is to make some of those cauliflower croutons, which I’m super digging on over here.

63!! ooh, girl I’d take that πŸ˜‰ it’s like 33 here. Basil doesn’t enjoy it out there… cauliflower croutons make everything warmer though, right? or something like that. miss chatting with you… hope to be able to be online more soon XO

• says

The Sun and I miss you tooooooooooooo!!!! But we are sending lots of love and healing energy your way :) We’ll be waiting for your return… xo

I can’t complain either (that never does any good – hee!), and it’s cozy, anyway… looking forward to spring already, though…

I LOVE African peanut soup! I just had some for lunch. :) I have some lentil soup cooking in the crock pot as we speak. I can’t wait to get home and be greeted by the wonderful smells…
    I could easily eat the whole tray of roasted cauliflower, too.
    We still haven’t really gotten our winter- it’s so weird! It’s in the 50s today again, and we have yet to get any snow that actually sticks to the ground. (And this teacher could USE a snow day!)

oh how I love to put something in our slow cooker and come back at the end of the day, dinners ready! :) nice to be greeted by great smells, too – I joke with Basil “what have you been cooking us all day?”. he just gives me the side eye. πŸ˜‰

I am wishing you a snow day… hope it comes soon! XO

I’ve eaten a whole pan of my own too, but I would probably eat two pans of yours!!! :) Off to foodie to check out the recipe. :) You are just amazing lady! PS- It’s rainy and cold here in CA today and I’m loving it!!!!

oh, hello, dear friend! I miss you so, and it’s good to see you here! :) I thought of you just this morning, and one of these days I’ll finish my Fat Kitty adventures. I miss being online with everyone. <3 here's to a GIANT pan of crunchy cauliflower! XO

hi Richa – foodie is the new site that features Glam publishers – original recipes that are not on our blogs and social tools from Ning.com – fun conversations, etcetera. You can create a profile to follow the contributors and connect… there will be more things happening after this initial launch, including digital cookbooks! :)

hi Lauren – I hope you do make this, and love it as much as we do… roasted cauliflower is SO good, right? red lentils are fairly new to me, this is one of the first recipes I’ve made with them.

hi Roz! glad you like the croutons – these are a new favorite… and THANK YOU, that is so nice to hear! thank you for your continued reading! XO

4. Paula says

congrats on foodie, well deserved. you have one of my favorite website (and trust, I read a lot of them, some for my job!!)

5. Marla says

soup’s on! this sounds amazing, and I love that you used crunchy cauli for croutons, very unique! girl can I just come stay with you for a month and absorb all that kitchen creativity??