Drink Your Veggies Pizza Juice

Drink Your Veggies Pizza Juice is power packed with lycopene, carotenoids, and antioxidants! With the savory flavors of pizza, this juice is truly an original!

Pizza Flavored Juice

When you juice as much as we have been lately, you start to 1) crave pizza 2) get creative.

Who doesn’t love pizza?

Okay, so before you eye roll or give me the side eye, hear me out. This is a very tasty juice – with a base of tomato and garlic flavors, a little spicy from the peppers and onions, and a surprise ingredient blended in at the end that lends a creamy bready pizza crust flavor.

Seriously.

Pizza Flavored Juice

drink your veggies pizza

serves two

4-5 roma tomatoes
2 bell peppers (yellow, orange)
1/3 yellow onion
1 bunch kale
10-15 basil leaves
1 garlic clove, peeled
small handful raw cashew piecesΒ

Juice everything except the cashews. Pour juice into blender with cashews, blend.Β

This was surprisingly good. Okay, not really like a pizza, but while you are in the middle of a juice fast, it’s as close as you can get. Great flavors. Next time I’ll add some pineapple!

Pizza Flavored Juice

What’s your favorite pizza flavor?

Comments

I had a pizza on Friday night, whose ingredients (from flour to tomatoes to cheese to toppings) had been imported from Italy. You want to talk pizza flavour? That had it in abundance.

But I’m sure the juice version is a CLOSE second, right? πŸ˜‰ You’re awesome—don’t change!

oh my, I bet that pizza was divine! and haaa – thanks. this juice SO would NOT compare. you just got me back!! πŸ˜€

I haven’t had pizza in SO long. I haven’t had a bad craving for it yet, thankfully, as GF pizzas are hardly worth their cost in the stores! This is an interesting combo though, I hope it helped with those cravings! I have a recipe for a grain free crust on my site (although it uses cheese), but you could try getting creative with that when the time comes to break out the pizza stone!

Mmm, I’m going to look for that grain free crust NOW! πŸ˜€ I agree, gf crust really doesn’t stack up, but … sometimes you want pizza! (I mean, LOOK at the lengths I’ll go for the flavor!) πŸ˜€

come ON, girl. do I have to come down there and open it!? πŸ˜€ still hoping to get to ATX soon… but you better open it before then! πŸ˜‰

3. assistantdoc says

I am totally going to stick this recipe in mind as E and I are going on a ‘reboot’ juice fast after seeing “Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead”. This sounds awesome and a great break from the norm. Remind me again how you juice garlic? I have Breville Juice Fountain Plus.

oh, YAY Sarah! we saw that film a week into our fast – totally reinforced what we were doing!! great film. we have the same juicer – and I PEEL the garlic and just put the whole clove in… you’d think it wouldn’t “juice” but ONE clove is A LOT. it’s good! if you start juicing garlic regularly, do no more than 2 raw cloves per day! πŸ˜€ good luck with your reboot!

thank you, Roz! I know it sounds weird to many, but it’s GOOD. and now I’m laughing – you know at the holidays, liquor stores have gift box sets, usually with glasses or some kind of accessory with the bottle of whatever? these glasses were in a Bailey’s Irish Creme gift box… very vintage, maybe 3 years ago? πŸ˜‰

YES indeed – drinking pizza is … pretty darn good! πŸ˜‰ I’m happy you appreciate it, Liz. Mmm, caramelized onions on ANYTHING. even just a fork! :)

At first I was a little horrified at drinking pizza, but after looking at the photo of what is included I realized that these are some of my fave veggies. I love the idea of the cashews right at the end too!

You are the juicing queen!

hee! I know, at first many have been “HUH? spabettie’s finally gone crazy…” but then… yep. they see. πŸ˜‰

I could totally go for this one, Kristina! I’ve added tomato juice to green smoothies the last two days. Made for a healthy V-8 Splash vibe. Thanks for this recipe, dear. LOVE the photos. :-)

Shirley

I’m thinking a juicer is going on the Christmas wish list this year, this recipe sounds like something my husband would be all over. He loves pizza but always feels like crap after eating it and this would help him get the flavor he craves without the guilt.

I love pizza covered in pineapple, broccoli and tofu(when available) with whatever option to tomato sauce I can find, sometimes I get lucky and there is a really tasty pesto sauce or something full of garlic to go under the layers but sometimes I just end up with crust, cheese and toppings. Being allergic to tomatoes/pumpkin/squash/all things amazing is lame! When I feel like suffering the consequences I get one covered in sauce and artichoke hearts.

we upgraded our juicer last Christmas! :) this was a fun juice – and pretty easy to “make your own pizza” too. πŸ˜‰ and now I’m wondering what an artichoke would do in the fridge… πŸ˜€

oh, YAY! excited for you and your new juicer – you’ll have to let me know how it’s going – I hope you like this one – it’s really tasty!

7. Lynn says

My favorite pizza used to be pineapple and jalapenos, but it’s been a while (my guy doesn’t like pineapple on pizza)….so for me add some pineapple and jalapenos to your pizza juice!! :)

• Lynn says

and for the record, the next pizza I get will have pineapple and jalapenos on it! it’s just been too long πŸ˜‰

I did a jalapeno in a smoothie a while back – it was good, just the right amount of spicy. I am thinking of adding pineapple next time, I kinda forgot about jalapenos.

hope you’re doing great, my friend… stay away from the icky bugs! πŸ˜‰

As much as I’ve juiced, I can’t say I’ve ever juiced tomatoes before! Good call though as I’m sure it’d be perfect right around this tomato- season time :)

I recently drank canned tomato juice on a plane and totally thought it tasted like marina sauce juice! Hehe. :)

yes – this sorta tastes like marinara too – in fact when I was prepping everything, Jason walked into the kitchen and asked if I was making marinara! πŸ˜€

pizza juice!? genius!! hehe. I love this idea. I never think to put my fresh juice back in a blender, but that’s a really good idea. I really love tomatoes and peppers in juice (although at first it grossed me out), and now they are in some of my favorite juices.

During my juicing fast I had a dream about pizza one night. i woke up drooling. πŸ˜‰

haa – I had a pizza dream too, no joke! and we rarely eat it anymore after going completely gluten free. strange what cravings come up!

and YES – this juice is really good!

I’d always order a very simple vegetable pizza with just fresh tomatoes and lots of basil! No salami, no tuna (eek), no cheese (gah) – and now, not pizza anymore, either. πŸ˜‰ BUT I may make my own homme version one day, which is Kath compatible and protein-rich and maybe even vegan! πŸ˜€ (<< That's meant totally serious!)

I actually wonder how I could use my blender as a juicer. You know, I make almond milk with my blender, and then filter it with a sock and squeeze that with my hands to get every drop of almond milk out of it. Maybe that would work with juicing, too! It doesn't really matter whether I squeeze out almond pulp or veggie corpses. Anyway, I'll let you know hoe it works!

I really want a dehydrator next, because I have a GREAT idea for a RAW pizza… I may have to try it in my oven at like 110. πŸ˜€ veggie corpses! πŸ˜€ yes, let me know how it goes with the SQUEEZING! XXO

AWWWW! is this the holly I think it is!!?? weee! and yep. you should try this. or maybe I’ll make some and bring it by… I can sneak up…

11. Lora says

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! we were just joking about pizza flavored things and I said JUICE!! we googled and found you.

you are my hero.

12. Jenni says

I read about this on Sara’s blog today and HAD to come see for myself!!! πŸ˜€ looks good, you know I will have to try it!

13. Brittany says

I just tried this and it is fantastic! Going to make it for lunch again tomorrow! I had seen another recipe for pizza juice on another juicing site, but this one is better, with onion and basil! Delicious!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks, Brittany, so happy you like it! it’s fun to switch things up when you are juicing a lot… or maybe craving pizza… πŸ˜‰

Trackbacks

1. […] Drink Your Veggies Pizza – When we first heard of the idea of drinking a pizza, we were a little skeptical. But the more we thought about it, it makes sense. Wrapping your mind around the idea of helping the body with the flavors of pizza is step one. But once you see the ingredient listing you’ll see that it’s a superfood powerplay here. The lycopene from the tomatoes is the biggest factor, but your body gets carotenoids from the peppers. There’s also enough kale used in this to supply your body with plenty of toxin-fighting agents. […]