Waffled tofu veggie bowls have vibrant colors and bright bold flavors! Several servings of tasty veggies make this a dish you'll want weekly!
Waffled Tofu Veggie Bowls
Bright. Vibrant. Tangy Savory Sweet.
With all the ballyhoo in the news these days about cheese being addictive and bacon this or that, I'm just sitting over here with my obsession with fresh and flavorful bowls.
and Ginger Tahini Sauce.
I am so excited to share these recipes with you - when I first made these over the summer, I was eating them every day. Literally - I'd make batches of the tofu, beets, and even the squash... and you all know I always have at least three bunches of kale in my kitchen. Always.
So, my lunches were super easy - grab a skillet, throw a bit of each ingredient in - yep, even the beets - warm it up, top with the oh so flavorful Ginger Tahini Sauce... enjoy.
The tofu is super fun - soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. It's waffled, you guys, and it brings a smoky flavor to the bowl. The beets are vibrant, the spaghetti squash is buttery warm, the kale is essential.
This is the epitome of eating your colors. So good.
Waffled tofu veggie bowls are another version of my standard daily eats - with a little prep on the weekend, this could be lunch all week long. I could have these flavors every day and not get bored.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ inch fresh ginger
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1-2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ½ bunch kale, cleaned, ribs removed
- 1 cup Easy Pickled Beets
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Using the side of a spoon, peel the skin away from the piece of ginger. Mince ginger finely enough that it is almost a paste.
- Whisk together tahini, minced ginger, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sesame oil, liquid smoke, and tamari.
- Slice tofu in half down the middle. Slice each of those halves into four small slabs.
- Marinate tofu slabs in sesame tamari mixture (at least 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, carefully cut spaghetti squash widthwise into 1 inch rounds, removing seeds.
- Place in single layer on baking sheet, bake at 375 °F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each squash round over, return to oven and continue baking another 20 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven, set aside a few minutes before removing squash "noodles" from outer skin with a fork.
- Prep (spray, grease) and preheat waffle iron. Place marinated tofu slabs on waffle iron and cook according to machine instructions.
- Rip / chop kale into bite size pieces, place in serving bowls. Top with warm spaghetti squash, warm Smoky Waffled Tofu, Pickled Beets. Drizzle with Ginger Tahini Sauce, enjoy!
dairy, egg, gluten free vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.