These easy pickled beets have tangy, tart, colorful flavor! this quick and easy pickling method is versatile, and a great finishing flavor.
Easy vegetable pickling method
I wonder what it means when one craves that tangy, tart flavor of a pickled veggie.
Pickled anything is pretty much a constant craving of mine. So it is a good thing that in under an hour I can have a beautiful jar of tangy colorful pickled veg.
I recently hosted a brunch, and I topped one of the amuse-bouche breakfasty bites with deep pink spirals of pickled beet. Glorious.
I will be sharing some of these brunch recipes soon.
Two days before the brunch, I spiralized some beets. I pickled those spirals, transferred them to a glass jar to marinate for the next 48 hours until brunch.
We can pickle that.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1 small red onion
- 4-5 large beets
- 3-4 cups white vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons peppercorns
- Peel onions, chop in half vertically, then slice into half circles.
- Scrub beets, remove greens and stem. Spiralize beets.
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, combine onion, beets, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn off heat and allow onions and liquid to cool completely.
- Store in covered jar in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.