These vegan meat crumbles are the star of every dish you add them to! A vegan ground beef recipe with great texture and flavor for tacos, spaghetti, casseroles, burritos, and so much more!
Versatile Vegan Meaty Crumbles
We have been enjoying these Vegan Meat Crumbles for years. They are a milder version of my oh so popular Spicy Vegan Chorizo Sausage Crumbles, and originally modified from the old Raw Taco Filling we still love!
As a long time vegan, I often hear "why do vegans want to mimic meat?" when people see a meat substitute like this vegan ground beef style recipe.
I have heard a few different answers to this question, including the idea that many people actually did like meat before deciding to stop seeing animals as food.
That wasn't really me, as I have had an aversion to meat from a very young age. Longtime readers may recall the Hot Dog Incident from a six year old vegetarian Kristina.
However, I do love amping up a hearty spaghetti sauce:
Add vegan ground beef to our Slow Cooker Basil Marinara and serve over fresh cooked spaghetti... a perfect Sunday Night Sauce!
I love tasty tacos. I crave a flavorful burrito that is familiar and filling. We make hearty, taco style baked potatoes topped with vegan ground beef! I don't see too much difference in beginning a recipe with a base, then adding flavor to it - this recipe is like any vegan ground beef where flavor is added - spices and aromatics.
There are plenty of vegans wanting traditional foods. With my recipes, I want to give them plant based alternatives to traditional foods. People with allergies? If I can also make these recipes gluten and soy free? I will do my best.
This vegan ground beef is moist, not dry. The deep flavors and layers of texture play well with so many recipes. I have a couple recipes featuring these meaty crumbles - I will be sharing soon!
Until then, spaghetti anyone?
Taco Tuesday is always right around the corner...
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 teaspoon vegan/gf bouillon or veggie broth for soy free
- ⅓+ cup water, for sautéing (if using bouillon, not broth)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 9-11 ounces), stemmed and chopped
- 1 ½ cups raw or roasted pecans, shelled and minced
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes (rehydrated from dried), chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons gluten and soy free coconut aminos (soy sauce if not g/s free)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- To “rice” cauliflower: add chopped cauliflower to food processor and pulse several times, to a rice size consistency.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, add vegan bouillon and 2 tablespoons water. Once bouillon is dissolved, add onion and garlic. Sauté until softened, adding water as needed.
- Add riced cauliflower and minced pecans, and continue to sauté several minutes. Continue to add tablespoons of water as needed to deglaze bits from pan.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut aminos, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and water by the tablespoon as needed. Stir to coat. Continue to cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve immediately in tacos, as a burrito or bell pepper filling, in a scramble, lasagna or spaghetti sauce.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator 4-5 days. Wrap well for freezing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Better Than Bouillon Organic Vegetable Base 16 Oz, Reduced Sodium
Roasted Pecan Halves
Trader Joe's California Sun-Dried Tomatoes, 3 oz - 2 Pack
365 Everyday Value, Double Concentrated Tomato Paste, 5.3 Ounce
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos Sauce Organic 8 oz (1 Pack)
Morton & Bassett Oregano, 1.1 ounce
Simply Organic Fennel Seed, 1.9 Ounce
Serving Size:½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.