Sugared chai latte donut muffins are light and fluffy and flavored with that essential morning coffee. A gluten free vegan muffin that is pillowy and delicious.
recipe originally published January 4, 2013
Gluten Free Donut Muffins
These muffins are super popular with everyone who has had one, and a favorite around here. A nod to the classic sugar donut, these bring another layer of breakfast flavor with chai spices.
So so good. Soft fluffy pillows of happy.
Did you make these donut muffins?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 2 tablespoons flax seed, ground
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk (So Delicious carton)
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup chai powder (Natures Flavors)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- Combine flax and water, set aside to thicken.
- Combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar, set aside. This makes a dairy free buttermilk alternative.
- Cream together cashew butter and maple syrup. Add bananas, milk and flax mixtures, combine.
- Add flours, do not stir – add chai powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt, mixing into flour then mixing together with wet ingredients, until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared (sprayed, floured) muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 22 - 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Enjoy warm, or cool completely and coat in sugar.
Serving Size:one muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.