Salt and Vinegar Crackers are and easy, low carb cracker recipe has the bright taste of vinegar in a crispy salted cracker - perfect for any snack platter!
recipe originally published May 29, 2017
Salt and Vinegar Crackers
Here I am saying this again - your kitchen will smell so good while these Salt and Vinegar Crackers are baking! These crackers have such great flavor, they have definitely become our favorite. With such a quick and easy recipe - with three ingredients I always have on hand - I make these often.
I love to assemble a tasty snacking platter, either when we have friends over like we did recently, or just for our weekend lunch, or dinner any time.
Tips for cracker making
Although even in the absence of a fancy party platter, I like having these crackers to snack on, especially right now while we have an overabundance of tasty cheese in the house...
Some rolling tips - to get the cracker as thin as possible, I roll this dough out on a piece of floured parchment (using more almond flour). That way, I am able to carefully peel the thin cracker away from the parchment, to be placed on the parchment covered baking sheet. Also, you can either re-roll the scraps to cut full size crackers, or use those pieces as your taste testers.
I like a rustic cracker...
so thin and crispy.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 2 cups almond flour, extra ¼ cup or so for kneading / rolling
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine flour, aquafaba, and vinegar in a mixing bowl, stir into a dough. (It begins very dry - continue to mix, it will make a dough.)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll to desired thickness (as thin as you can, for maximum crispness).
- Cut into squares, transfer to baking sheet. Poke each cracker with a fork. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 350 °F for 10 - 12 minutes, turning halfway through, or until crisp and lightly browned. (The thicker the cracker, the longer the bake time.)
dairy, egg, soy, oil, grain, and gluten free, low carb, vegan recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:7 crackers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.