Fluffy gluten free vegan chocolate chip zucchini muffins are mildly sweet and dotted with chocolate chips. These make a great breakfast or snack!
recipe originally published March 16, 2016
Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins
These light and fluffy muffins are sweetened mostly with chocolate. The added zucchini gives you a recipe to use up your summer garden harvest.
One of my favorite bloggers, Shirley of Gluten Free Easily, is once again hosting an altogether different kind of madness. March Muffin Madness.
When Shirley invited me to participate, I got right to work on muffin ideas.
There was an ill fated attempt at an apricot muffin - okay, two ill fated attempts. You will see that muffin recipe eventually, when I get it right. I hope.
I returned to my tried and true gluten free all purpose flour, and adapted a favorite recipe we use when our cherry tree has fruit - another favorite time of year.
We are ready for Easter around here, thanks to my friend Sara and her thoughtful gift of these adorable dachshund Easter towels. Since we are close enough to the early Easter this year, I added them to the photos... Aren't they SO fun?
One super awesome aspect of March Muffin Madness 2016 is a giveaway with a fantastic lineup of products. See a partial listing of prizes and enter the giveaway after the recipe.
Did you make these gluten free zucchini muffins?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ⅓ cup vegan granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup cashew milk
- ½ cup fresh grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a 12 muffin tin with baking cups (paper or silicone).
- Grind flax seed in blender, coffee grinder. Place 1 tablespoon ground flax in a small bowl, add water and stir. Set aside.
- In large bowl, add flours, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt, stirring to combine.
- In a medium size bowl, add flax mixture, milk, grated zucchini, and oil. Stir into flour mixture just until combined - do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, ¾ full. Bake at 375 °F for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.