This asparagus bisque is a creamy rich and brightly flavored soup perfect for warm or cold weather dinners. whole food, vegan, and free of gluten, oil, and soy
recipe originally published March 24, 2011
While we are experiencing brighter and longer days, they are still a bit cold.
Cool weather = warm soup. Even on warmer days - this soup works.
This soup has another layer of warmth with the hint of peppers. A dreamy creamy consistency that needs no dairy. A vibrant green that says whole foods and fresh greens.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 2 fresh bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Sauté onion, celery, spinach, asparagus, bell peppers and cashews in a bit of water.
- Add broth, simmer until asparagus is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to blender (in batches if necessary). Purée on high until smooth.
- Return to pot to keep warm. Season with pepper and salt.
- Garnish with asparagus tips when serving.
dairy, egg, gluten free vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 10gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.