baked blueberry custards

in baking, Breakfast, Dessert, Gluten Free, Meatless Monday, recipes, Vegan

baked blueberry custard

Remember when I confessed to food obsessions, happily enjoying something sometimes twice in one day? I already know this recipe is going to be my next obsession – it is so SO perfect and delicious as is, and I am already thinking of other flavors…

My friend Sarena describes herself as a repeat food offender. She is the genius behind this recipe. As if I don’t already owe this girl so much gratitude for just being awesome, Thank You Sarena.

baked blueberry custard

This is a healthy breakfast that could honestly double as a great dessert!

I followed Sarena’s recipe, using So Delicious cultured coconut yogurt (mixed with more blueberries) and the stevia I used was the new lemon flavor – blueberry and lemon is always a good combination. I did make an addition – I added a crispy blueberry cookie base. (The cookie is a recipe I developed for someone else, and just happens to be blueberry. If I can share it here I will).

I was like an impatient kid at Christmas – checking the oven every five minutes. So worth the wait.

this

Visit Sarena to get the recipe – blueberry baked yogurt. Then go make it.

Such great flavor, and so fluffy:

baked blueberry custard

I cannot wait to make more…

Visit Heather for this weeks blueberry creations:

MMAZ

1 Heather (Where's the Beach) April 22, 2013 at 5:30 am

MMMMM I pinned her recipe and need to make it as well. It sounds fantastic.

2 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 22, 2013 at 6:14 am

I cannot wait to try Sarena’s recipe!!! I really want to do a strawberry version ’cause they are my favorite.

3 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 22, 2013 at 6:50 am

Strawberry would be soooo good! I need to do that too!

4 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 22, 2013 at 6:50 am

This looks perfect! Love the crumbs on the bottom! I have to do that! I love when a breakfast can double as a dessert! That’s a definite win in my book!

P. S. you are amazing! xoxo

5 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe April 22, 2013 at 7:09 am

This recipe really intrigued me too, I’ll definitely have to try it out soon!

6 Julie Hasson April 22, 2013 at 3:25 pm

This looks so good Kristina! I’ll have to give it a try.

7 Heather @ Better With Veggies April 22, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Oh man this looks so delicous – I have to try that so delicious yogurt (it sounds different than the normal, is it?)!! This was a recipe I really wanted to try, just don’t have time to make everything. ;)

8 Maureen | Orgasmic Chef April 22, 2013 at 10:09 pm

The crumbs on the bottom are just what’s needed to provide wonderful texture. I love this breakfast!

9 Miz April 23, 2013 at 4:30 am

ooh and stunning.

10 Trish April 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

That looks sooo good! I love the cookie bottom. Cookies for breakfast is a great idea. I think.

11 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies April 23, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Well, I knew you could freeze yogurt, but I had no idea you could bake it! I can definitely see how this recipe would be obsession-worthy.

12 Katrina Brekke April 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm

How do you make the cookie crust?? Or maybe you have another option? This looks amazing!!

13 Lora @cakeduchess April 25, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I’ve been thinking of this since I saw it the other day. I’ve been craving it for breakfast. Then in the evening I think how nice it would be for dessert…you temptress;)

14 Mary @ Fit and Fed April 25, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Thanks for pointing me toward that recipe, I love how she thickens the blueberries with chia seeds. I’ll have to remember that trick!