Vegetable fried rice is a quick and easy dish that tastes exactly like the restaurant take out style! a plant based version you can make before an order would get to your door.
recipe originally published March 6, 2012
Veggie Fried Rice
One of Jason's favorite foods is restaurant style Chinese fried rice. In addition to baking each evening while he was gone, I also came up with a fried rice that comes pretty close. I love it, and I think Jason will too.
So, the thing with this recipe? It's vegan. But it still has that "egg" aspect to it. and it tastes awesome.
This is how it begins. I could eat a whole pan of just this.
Do you like Chinese food? Like, American Chinese food? If you like fried rice, I hope you try this!
Did you make this veggie fried rice?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 to 1 ½ cups snap peas, cut in half
- 1 to 1 ½ cups mini corn
- 1 tablespoon butter (Earth Balance)
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ box silken tofu
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 4 servings cooked brown rice
- vegan / gluten free soy sauce
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- Chop onion, carrots, snap peas.
- In large pan or wok over medium heat, melt butter and sesame oil. Sauté onion, carrot, snap peas and mini corn until soft.
- Whisk silken tofu with turmeric, onion powder and splash soy sauce, add to sautéed veggies. Cook several minutes, stirring often, until the liquid consistency cooks off to solid, tofu will cling to veggies.
- Add cooked rice, stir to combine. Add soy sauce to taste. Garnish with chopped green onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.