Roasted sweet potato asparagus pasta is light, fresh, and flavorful, made with noodles or spiralized zucchini.
recipe originally published September 19, 2012
Zucchini Pasta or Fresh Noodles
Roasted sweet potato asparagus pasta is light and fresh! This recipe uses the summer's zucchini as a noodle, and has a comfort food bite of sweet potato. I know, I enjoy sweet potato year round, but sweet potatoes are generally a cool weather thing for me. They kinda go along with all the autumn and winter squash.
I learned how to use the mandoline and the spiralizer during Chef Mark Reinfeld's vegan chef immersion course. I have since used the mandoline often with a client, and the spiralizer is my new favorite tool in my own kitchen.
I could eat this spiralized noodle dish weekly, all summer long!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 sweet potato, peeled
- 3 small zucchini, scrubbed and ends trimmed*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 2-3 ounces dairy free cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup dry vermouth
- Slice zucchini into pasta (using spiralizer, mandoline, julienne peeler), set aside.
- Slice asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Chop sweet potato into cubes.
- Arrange asparagus and potato on baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast in 350° oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Near the end of the roasting time, prepare the sauce: In skillet over medium low heat, sauté shallot in olive oil until softened - 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- To the shallot, add the grated cheese and wine - stirring until it melts into a sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- To the skillet sauce, add zucchini pasta and toss to coat with sauce. Plate the pasta and top with the roasted asparagus and sweet potato.
*sub your favorite cooked pasta noodle in place of spiralized zucchini
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.