Spicy ginger vanilla granola is a quick and easy snack with a deliciously warm and spicy flavor everyone will love. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, oil free, and super tasty!
recipe originally published September 24, 2012
Ginger Vanilla Granola
This mildly spicy ginger vanilla granola is inspired by one of my most popular recipes on the blog - my ginger vanilla crunch bars. Thanks to being featured on a few big sites (thank you Daily Burn and Cosmo!), those bars have been made by quite a few people. Those bars are also one of our favorites. I make them so often I don't need to look at the recipe anymore.
I was recently asked if I could make an oil free version of these bars - same flavors and everything, minus oil. He explained that he has a goal to reduce oil in his diet, and these are his favorite bar to crumble over his yogurt every morning.
I asked if he'd rather have granola? So here we are - an oil free granola with the same warm and spicy flavors as those bars we all love. I will still try the oil free thing with the bars next time I make them...
...and your kitchen will smell so good when you make this.
Did you make this ginger vanilla granola?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1.4 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dairy free milk (I use almond or cashew)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla paste or extract
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- ½ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In large bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla. Add oats, chopped almonds, chopped ginger, sunflower seeds and coconut - fold together until coated completely.
- Transfer granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading out in even layer.
- Bake at 350 °F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn with spatula, return to oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.