Almond crusted tofu is brightly flavored with fresh ginger and crunchy Marcona almonds. A favorite salad topper or sandwich filling.
Almond Crusted Tofu
This quick and easy recipe will be your new flavorful favorite, whether you are craving a warm topper for a cool crisp salad or a wrap and sandwich filling.
My favorite Marcona almonds bring the crunch and rich flavor that pairs well with the bright warming ginger.
Serve over salad, pasta or vegetables, in a sandwich or wrap.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
Almond Crusted Tofu
Brightly flavored with fresh ginger, and crispy crunchy from Marcona almonds, this will become a favorite salad topper or sandwich filler!
- ½ inch ginger root, peeled and minced
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed
- ⅓ cup Marcona almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Blend ginger, sesame oil, tamari and rice vinegar, transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Slice (pressed) tofu into two even halves, then slice those halves into three equal sized slabs. Place tofu slabs in marinade, flipping to coat completely. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, to several hours.
- Arrange tofu on prepared (parchment, foil, silpat) baking sheet, top with almonds, sesame and salt. Bake at 350 °F for 15-18 minutes.
- This tofu can also be grilled on an outdoor grill, carefully.
dairy, egg, gluten free, vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Susmitha - Veganosaurus says
Looks absolutely scrumptious! I can almost taste the flavors and feel the textures in my mouth. Yum!
Glad that your father is on his path to healing and that you are feeling positive and peaceful.
Julie and Brit @ twosaucysisters.wordpress.com says
Mmmm we LOVE tofu! This looks delish, a must make! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
thanks, girls! I hope you love it as much as we do - enjoy!
Mary Pat says
Where do you find Marcona almonds and black sesame seed? Don't think I've seen either.
Keeping you and your family in my prayers. And I'm sorry about your cat, too. 🙁
marconas I find at our local store similar to a Whole Foods - and I know Whole Foods carries them too. If you have a store with a 'gourmet' deli area of cheeses, olives, nuts... that's where I would look. black sesame I find in the bulk section.
thank you so much, Mary Pat - that means a great deal.