Maple roasted beet salad with vegan goat cheese is a bright and fresh salad with layers of flavor - rich roasted beets, crunchy salty marconas, creamy tangy goat cheese.
recipe originally published August 13, 2012
Maple roasted beets
A maple roasted beet is a flavorful way to enjoy this deep red root veg. Add them to a salad with vegan goat cheese, buttery Marcona almonds, and a bright kale chiffonade salad for a richly flavored and multi textured entree or side.
Pair it with a crisp cool summer white wine and a chair outside in the sun and you have one of my go to summer dinners.
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Scrub beets and slice thin, then chop each slice into quarters.
- Place a piece of foil on a baking sheet, pile beets in center of foil. Whisk together maple syrup, olive oil and lemon juice, pour over beets. Gather all sides/corners of foil, crimping closed.
- Roast beets in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes for crunchy beets, 30-35 minutes for softer beets.
- Take care in opening the foil packet, as steam will escape when opened.
- Using tongs or fork, serve atop a kale chiffonade salad, with vegan goat cheese (or vegan cheese of choice) and marcona almonds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 8g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.