These ginger sesame broccoli noodles are fragrant and warmly spiced comfort food. Layers of bold flavors create a vibrant, flavorful dish you'll want on repeat.
recipe originally published January 21, 2013
TABLE OF CONTENTS - Jump to any section:
Why you'll love this recipe
Ginger sesame broccoli noodles are incredibly flavorful and so easy to make. Spinach and broccoli provide plant based protein, while basil and ginger bring fresh pops of flavor.
The coconut milk and tahini blend into a comforting sauce that is just enough to coat the noodles and veggies - light yet satisfying. Add tofu or your favorite protein to this for a satisfying entree.
How to make ginger sesame noodles
Ginger sesame broccoli noodles make a quick, easy and super tasty side or main dish for a busy weeknight dinner.
First, roast the broccoli and boil the water for noodles. In the short time it takes for both of those to cook, you can quickly prep the remaining few ingredients.
This recipe is easily doubled for tasty lunchtime leftovers or to meal prep a couple dinners for the week.
How to serve this recipe
If serving these noodles as a starter, they are the perfect beginning to a dinner featuring these ginger sesame teriyaki burgers.
How long does this recipe last?
My rule for maximum flavor and freshness is to enjoy these ginger sesame noodles within three days.
Refrigerate any leftovers. Wait until it is cooled completely, and refrigerate in a glass container with a tightly fitting lid.
Reheat these noodles on the stovetop in a skillet over medium heat. I happen to know these noodles are also very tasty eaten cold right out of the fridge...
Did you make these ginger sesame broccoli noodles?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Chop broccoli into bite size pieces. Arrange in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle sea salt.
- Roast broccoli at 350 °F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn using tongs or a flat spatula. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes. For blackened broccoli, set the oven to broil and watch closely for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles, set aside.
- While noodles cook, peel ginger and mince fine. Use the side of your knife to press into a paste.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- In a skillet or wok over low heat, combine ginger, garlic, and coconut milk. Add tahini paste and stir into a sauce.
- Add spinach and basil to the sauce. Using tongs, toss spinach and basil to coat and wilt. Add more coconut milk if you want more sauce.
- Add roasted broccoli and cooked ramen noodles, toss to combine.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 19gSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 12gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.