Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a classic combination hugged by a flaky light crust. This truffle turned pie is a quick and easy recipe with a short ingredient list
Today we celebrate 3.14159265 with chocolate peanut butter pie!
uh, Pi Day.
Longtime readers know, I celebrate Pi Day every year.
First - I used to be an accountant and I love numbers - shocking third grade me who loathed math!
Second - pie. and actually, pie might be first.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a recipe I first made several years back. We enjoyed this at a holiday party, and I never even took photos.
This pie is really like a truffle - so decadent and rich - that a small sliver of a slice is all you need. This time I made the recipe as is and filled two smaller pie tins - these are my six inch pie tins:
The small triangles of pie are cute as heck.
Happy Pi Day!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (70-72%)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (canned)*
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 easy gluten free pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- *Without shaking, open can of coconut milk, spoon out 1 cup of the thick portion at top of can
- for this recipe. I save the remainder for smoothies, unless another recipe gets to it first.
- Prepare pie crust. Roll out crust and carefully transfer to pie pan. Cut decorative crust pieces with scraps. Set scraps onto a prepared (parchment lined) baking sheet.
- Bake decorative crust pieces at 350 °F for 12-15 minutes. Bake pie crust at 350 °F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Chop chocolate.
- In saucepan, bring coconut milk to a boil, reduce to simmer and stir continually for several minutes.
- Remove coconut milk from heat.
- Add chopped chocolate and peanut butter, whisk until smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat, cool slightly.
- Pour into pie crust, set aside to cool slightly. Once the filling begins to thicken, top with any cooked crust pieces.
- Transfer to refrigerator to set (at least 1 hour).
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.