these Cherry Carob Truffles are vibrantly colored and brightly flavored, sweet and salty bites. A quick and easy, five ingredient recipe.
I have been making these for a couple years now - as energy bites, as chocolate covered truffles, as bars. I first made these when it was my turn to bring snacks to class during my Master Veg program, and they morphed into an empty tray very quickly. That kind of stuff always makes me happy.
I have also sent these Cherry Carob Truffles to work with Jason, and I take them to the hospital often too.
As is, without the carob coating, they are a perfect snack - pistachios bring vitamins, minerals, fats, protein, and great flavor. Pistachios are my second favorite nut. Dried cherries pack superior antioxidant power and that tart sweet flavor I love - and these cherries are from our tree!
When the weather turns cold, they put on their carob coat:
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 oz dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup carob chips
- Line baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In food processor, add pistachios. Process to small pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, pulse a few times to combine.
- Add cherries and maple syrup, process to a crumbly sticky texture.
- Using hands, press small amounts together and roll into balls.
- Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and carob chips to saucepan over lowest heat, melt until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Using a fork, dip each ball into the melted carob and place on parchment. Set aside to cool / set, or place in refrigerator to set the carob quickly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.