Caramelized almond rocky road bark is dark chocolate bark with sweet, salty, gooey, and crunchy flavors and textures. Perfect dessert for holiday entertaining and gifting!
recipe originally published February 12, 2014
Rocky Road Bark
This quick and easy caramelized almond rocky road bark is perfect for holiday gifting, snacking, and all the Christmas cookie trays!
Dairy Free Bark Recipe
For this recipe, I used these dairy free chocolate chips which are also nut and soy free. I took a chance that they would melt into a delicious dark chocolate bark, and they performed perfectly.
Happy Valentines Day!
Did you make this recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ⅓ - ½ cup almonds
- 10 ounces dark chocolate (72-88%)
- ⅓ cup caramelized almonds
- 4-5 toasted coconut marshmallows
- sprinkling sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 °F . Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In saucepan over medium heat, add brown rice syrup and stir until heated / thinned.
- Add almonds, stir to coat completely.
- Remove from heat, pour almonds into middle of parchment. Spread into single layer, sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, syrup will bubble. Remove from oven, allow to cool. Break apart any pieces stuck together.
- Line baking sheet with another piece of parchment.
- In saucepan over lowest heat, melt chocolate. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour melted chocolate onto parchment.
- Using an offset spatula, spread in an even layer to desired thickness (this recipe is about ⅛ inch).
- Add toppings: marshmallows then almonds, in uniform pattern so each piece of bark is covered.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow to cool (in refrigerator). Once set, break or cut into pieces.
dairy, gluten free vegan recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.