Buffalo Chickpea Bella Baked Avocado

Buffalo Chickpea Bella Baked Avocado

Buffalo Chickpea Bella Baked Avocado – a delicious and spicy way to enjoy avocados – stuffing and baking avocados transforms them into an incredible dish!

________________________________________________

You know when you make something you like so much, you cannot wait to make it again? You immediately think of several variations of ingredients that you cannot wait to try? You bring the leftovers for lunch, and spend the morning thinking about it, until you just break down and eat lunch at 10:45 am?

No? Just me?

Mmm. Well, I am still thinking about this one.

Smooth and creamy avocado with a hearty spicy filling and a contrast of tangy goat cheese dotted throughout. Divine. Jason loved these too!

Buffalo Chickpea Bella Baked Avocado

As soon as I finished my avocado and baby corn salsa last week, I thought of stuffed avocados, wishing I had made those instead.

Since making these, I have been thinking about stuffing avocados with all the things. Soon I will share these with you.

Until then, buffalo chickpea-bella baked avocados:

Buffalo Chickpea Bella Baked Avocado

buffalo chickpea-bella baked avocado

inspired by pestoed mushroom stuffed baked avocado

dairy, egg, soy, and gluten free, vegan

yields four stuffed avocados

1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 small shallots, peeled and minced

5-6 baby portobello mushrooms, quartered/sliced
1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and peeled
1/3 cup buffalo sauce
2 large avocados
sea salt and pepper
3-4 tablespoons goat cheese (vegan goat cheese recipe)

In sauté pan over medium heat, combine shallots and mushrooms with coconut oil, sauté until softened. Add chickpeas and buffalo sauce, combine completely. Cook several minutes, stirring frequently until chickpeas are warmed through.

Slice avocados lengthwise and remove pit. Salt and pepper the avocado halves. To create a larger space for filling, spoon out the avocado around the space left by the pit, enjoy as a snack as you prep and fill the avocados. Spoon the buffalo chickpea filling into the avocados, filling them full. Place on baking sheet, spoon small pieces of goat cheese around top of filling.

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.

Buffalo Chickpea Bella Baked Avocado

Yep. Making this again very soon.

Comments

This looks amazing. I am obsessed with avocados and never thought to do this with them. In patiently waiting for our avocado tree to start producing then it’s really ON. Thanks for sharing!

These are really interesting! I’ve never cooked avocado–somehow I have a hard time keeping from just stuffing it into my mouth straight from the skin. So I think the fact that I’d get to eat the scooped-out bits here would work extremely well! :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

see? you get the best of both, you can snack on some while you wait for these to bake (and really, not long at all!). baking the avocado makes it so incredibly wonderful, really – I hope you try!

Oh my gosh, I do that with my leftovers! I dream about them until I have to give in…you know this mostly means kabocha ;), but I do it with other stuff too! I need to get in on MMAZ! I know, next week is blueberries and I LOVE blueberries!

Wow! That is so original and awesome!! I’d never think to do that! And it’s definitely not just you. When I have some awesome leftover for lunch, it’s all I can think about until noon (I make myself wait, so I’m not starving by dinnertime…but it’s hard!!!).

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks Wendy! it’s a (mild) hot sauce, tangy flavor… the traditional flavor of chicken wings, but we all know I don’t make those! :)

haha – I like your way of not following directions, it looks AMAZING! I actually tried a stuffed avocado last week, but couldn’t make it work. I like how you made room in yours, better than the tiny circle I carved in my version. :)

• Kristina Sloggett says

Lisa your avocados looked simply amazing – I love the flavors you used! yes, I cannot wait to do this again – a baked avocado is a wondeful thing!

Stuffed, baked avocados? Kristina you’ve really outdone yourself! I’ve actually had a craving for all things buffalo sauce lately and will definitely be making these this week.

• Kristina Sloggett says

I hope you enjoy them, Jared – I know I’ll be making them again this week too – and I cannot get enough buffalo…

This looks divine! I am with you on the “immediately think of several variations” bit! There were so many ways I thought to make my first recipe and I am so glad that you opted for something new! Also, I’m a sucker for goat cheese- can’t wait to try this!

xx Kait

• Kristina Sloggett says

right? I cannot wait to make more of these, baked avocado is my new favorite thing! (why did I wait so long??) :) XO have a great week Kait!

• Kristina Sloggett says

whaaaaat? that IS crazy! no desire to try one…? :) this filling is good on it’s own, definitely!

• Kristina Sloggett says

thanks, Hannah – yes, the spicy flavor with the creamy cool avocado (well, warm baked, but still kinda “cool” you know?) is a great pairing.

• Kristina Sloggett says

oh Kim, I wish I could have you over for lunch, I would make these for you! I hope you do have them, and YES – I think Super Bowl is a great time for these – so fun!

Trackbacks