Roasted Sweet Potato and Asparagus Pasta

Roasted Sweet Potato and Asparagus Pasta

Roasted Sweet Potato and Asparagus Pasta – a zucchini pasta that is light, fresh, and flavorful!

Zoodles

My birthday isn’t until next week, but I have gotten a couple gifts early.

One of them I am so SO excited about I had to use it right away – my new spiralizer!

I have wanted one of these for years, and now that I have one, I have no idea why I waited so long to get one. Veggie pasta will be the new house specialty, I think.

I was able to use a spiralizer and a mandoline during my vegan and raw fusion class over the summer, and have really wanted one ever since then. I have a list of ideas to use this for – I cannot wait to share them all with you!

Roasted Sweet Potato and Asparagus Pasta

This is light and summery, using the summer’s zucchini, and has a hint of fall with the sweet potato. I know, I can have them year round, but sweet potatoes are a cool weather thing for me. They kinda go along with all the autumn and winter squash.

Roasted Asparagus Pasta

roasted sweet potato and asparagus pasta

inspired by Tomato and Asparagus “Carbonara”

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

serves four

3 small zucchini
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
 sweet potato, peeled
salt

2-3 ounces jack cheese (I used this – vegan)
1/3 cup wine (I used dry vermouth)

Slice zucchini into pasta (using spiralizer, mandoline, julienne peeler), set aside. Slice asparagus into bite size pieces. Chop sweet potato into cubes. Arrange asparagus and potato on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt. Roast in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.

In pan over low heat, combine olive oil (1-2 tablespoons), cheese and wine – stirring until it melts into a sauce. Remove from heat, add zucchini pasta and toss to coat with sauce. Plate the pasta and top with the roasted asparagus and sweet potato.

Roasted Sweet Potato and Asparagus Pasta

Have you ever made pasta noodles from vegetables?

Comments

These pictures are beautiful; it’s hard to believe they’re veggies since they look so curly and bouncy.. Your pasta salad looks really refreshing, as always. Asparagus is pretty much my favorite green veggie so you had me at hello.

I don’t think I could ever replace actual pasta with spiralized veggies, but I think it would make salads so much more fun and pretty! Plus, I eat asparagus with my lunch every day, so you had me at the recipe title…

Happy Early Birthday!!!

A spiralizer is one of those things I never thought I’d want but I really do. I love using squashes for “pastas” but it’s not as fun just using the mandoline. And Seriously, you just kill most mornings with these flipping amazing looking dishes. I really could have that for lunch please and thank you 😉

4. Cooking Karen says

This looks divine! What a great way to make veggie pasta with the spiralizer (I have always used the mandolin). I am going to try this with my apple/peeler/corer slicer (ex Pampered Chef consultant that I am!). And so easy to make Paleo with broth instead of wine. Shame about the cheese. (drat!!) Can’t wait to try.

haaa, Karen, I knew you had to be a consultant or have been to a party – every time I hear “apple peeler/corer/slicer” I know it is Pampered Chef!! my mom was a consultant for years 😉 …and yes, I suppose even if the cheese is plant based, it’s not really paleo? you can make it more like a carbonara sauce with an egg?

Jason even LOVED this, and has not been a zucchini fan in the past. I am so excited by that! :) (I had a backup dinner for him just in case… we eat that tonight!).

Oohhh it’s almost your birthday! What day is your birthday? Mine is next month and I’m already trying to figure out what to do lol.

Oh my I LOVE my spiralizer. I have a much smaller one (we don’t have hardly any storage space) but it works well. Zucchini noodles is amazing!

we LOVE the zucchini noodle! Jason even likes them, I was so excited about that! :)

my birthday is September 27… weeee! when is yours, fellow Libra perhaps?

I’m definitely a sweet-potatoes-in-the-fall sort of gal too. I’ve never tried veggie noodles, but don’t think I haven’t eyed a spiralizer and dreamed of it…

I actually don’t think I had them before my cooking class… unless it was at a restaurant… but I LOVE this thing!

hee, I am so excited to have it – I really like the one J chose too :) and thanks! it’s next week… we’ve been celebrating all month, kinda 😉

7. Elizabeth says

I like how thick the zucchini came out. What model is the spiralizer? I recently came across your site. You have some good recipes. Thanks!

hi Elizabeth, thank you for reading! :) this spiralizer is a great one, it has a blade that makes really thick noodles, I like that too! this is the one I have: Paderno World Cuisine I’ve used it several times already and really like it, very good quality and sturdy!

8. Hannah-lyz says

I have wanted a spiralizer ever since I first found out the existed! You lucky thing! I have made several none-too-subtle hints that one would make a fabulous birthday present… 😉 Untill then I’ll make do cutting things into ribbons.. and dreaming of the day I can spiralise every. single. thing in the kitchen =D Spiral stir-fry, anyone? =D

Happy early birthday!! (September birthdays are the best – mine is this week!) And I adore sweet potatoes in any form, and I think I need a spiralizer now!!

thank you Deborah, and back atcha – have a great birthday!! this spiralizer is so much fun, you DO need one… (a last minute bday gift??) 😉

I love how thickly you cut the zuccinni in this recipe, I don’t think I’ve tried out that section of my spiralizer yet. It looks so fresh, healthy, and tasty! You’re going to love that kitchen tool, it’s very awesome and fun to use too. And happy early birthday. :)

11. Monique Hanson says

This was delish! The combination of sweet potatoes and the asparagus is awesome. I used actual pasta though and Daiya mozzarella shreds for the sauce.

Trackbacks