This easy vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe combines traditional pumpkin pie with rich cheesecake - a new holiday favorite!
recipe originally published November 21, 2012
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
The other dessert is made.
The ginger cranberry sauce was made. Then eaten. Then made again. Whew.
The champagne is chilling for brunch mimosas tomorrow, and the decks of cards are ready for playing after dinner.
The smell in the kitchen when the first ingredients of our family dressing recipe come together - that scent is the start of the holiday season for me!
The dressing will be served in that faded yellow Pyrex bowl that has been in our family for generations, and at every holiday table of my life.
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
When it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, I will sit and imagine this scene through the years:
- seven year old Kristina perched on a stool watching Uncle John in my grandparents kitchen
- twelve year old Kristina hovering around Grandpa Z and all the delicious sides
- thirty year old Kristina watching my parents standing close and working together... even if I do not partake in the traditional food now, I have many memories around it.
Three dachshunds running around...
The annual viewing of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...
This year I get to have so many loved ones in the same room all day - Jason, my brother, my Dad, my mom and step-dad, one sister will be there while one will not (we will miss you guys, Kelly!), and with good memories, laughter and old stories retold, others will be there in spirit - Grandpa and Grandma Z, Uncle Dudley...
I am thankful for so much.
Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you.
Did You Make This Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- Crumble cookies and pecans in food processor.
- Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Press into prepared (parchment lined) spring-form pan, set aside.
- In food processor, pulse to combine cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, molasses and pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin puree, continue to process until smooth.
- Pour over gingersnap crust, smooth into an even layer, hit pan against counter to release bubbles.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- Turn oven off, leave cake in oven with door open another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove, cool completely before covering and storing in refrigerator.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:one slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.