leftover cranberry sauce? this tasty good Cranberry Oat No Bake Bars recipe is a great way to enjoy seasonal cranberries for breakfast, snacks, or dessert!
Cranberry Oat No Bake Bars
One of my favorite (and your favorite too!) no bake bars just got a holiday flavor update! Cranberry sauce is vital to my holiday table, vital. I make my own Ginger Cranberry Sauce every year, but I do hold some pretty great nostalgia for the canned.
That was one of my jobs as a kid. Setting the table, and FLOOPING the canned sauce into the sparkly crystal dish.
I delighted in leaving the can whole in that delicate crystal dish. My irony game was strong, even at age five.
Quick and Easy Recipe
These could not be easier. Or faster.
Whip up a quick date paste on the stove. Add literally two more ingredients and you have this tasty good bar and crumble top. Then walk across the kitchen to your fridge for the cranberry sauce leftovers.
Practice a tiny bit of patience while these bars "set" in the fridge. Then enjoy!
I made two super huge sheet pans of these already this year. I hope all the delivery drivers like cranberries...
Tart and sweet and quick and easy and just so yum!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes - thank you!
- ¾ cup Medjool dates, pitted and minced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cashew butter (or sunflower seed, for a nut free bar)
- 2 ½ cups gluten free quick cooking oats (increase slightly for thinner cashew butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In saucepan over medium-low heat, melt minced dates in water to create a date paste. Add 1 cup nut butter to dates. Continue to warm through, stirring consistently.
- Remove from heat. Add oats, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Reserving approximately ¾ cup for topping, transfer oat mixture to parchment lined baking dish. Press into an even layer.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over the top of oat base. Spread in an even layer over entire bar surface.
- Sprinkle reserved oat mixture over cranberry sauce, like a crumble topping.
- Refrigerate for several hours / overnight before slicing.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
dairy, egg, soy, oil, and gluten free, vegan
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more...
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.