fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

It is officially summer.

Okay, not for another couple weeks, I suppose, but for me? Summertime is here.

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

We are having bright warm sunny days – mid eighties all this week – and light nights where we enjoy some good patio time.

The warmer temperatures bring cravings for lighter foods. What is the phenomenon that hot summer days = lighter appetites? Even if dinnertime is comprised of lighter fare, dessert is still a must, am I right?

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

The farmers markets are again the source of my delights – lusciously sweet Anjou pears eaten in the car on the way home. Several were saved long enough to create a smashingly impressive dessert that is so easy to make, with real simple ingredients.

Topping things with buttery caramel? Definitely.

Please visit me at Attune to see this summery recipe:

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

I may or may not have just stared at that syrup animation for 5 minutes. This is such a cool recipe. Not at all what I expected from the title either! Also, it would make for a good ice cream flavor. Or maybe prosecco and pear sorbet…

• Kristina Sloggett says

it’s mesmerizing, isn’t it? and OOOH I LOVE the way your mind works! prosecco and pear, YES!

I remember eating pears from my grandmother’s pear tree as a kid. I have no idea what kind they were, but I’ve had some since that I didn’t care for. Of course, with the filling of this one…um, you could probably put it on cardboard and it’d be fantastic πŸ˜‰

• Kristina Sloggett says

ha – cardboard! I know what you mean, pears can be hit or miss, some just have no flavor. so you need to add a filling. and caramel πŸ˜‰

So pretty (your gif is pretty fantastic, too)! This gives me so much inspiration and it’s a reminder that pretty food doesn’t have to be labor intensive!

• Kristina Sloggett says

not at all – some of the most impressive and fun is the simplest, or very few ingredients needed.

OMG…you could so quit your day job and go into food styling! These look fantastic….and the drizzling caramel?? I wish I could stick my finger through my monitor and try it! Have a great day Kris!

• Kristina Sloggett says

πŸ˜€ thanks, Roz! you are too sweet, really (I sometimes feel so uninspired when styling…). I wish I could share this with you too, when IS that technology happening!?!? :)

Oh my goodness!! I’m so impressed!! When I read “cobbler” I had a totally different vision in my head. I love this SO much more! Headed over to check out the recipe. And love the little caramel drizzle video. Awesome!

• Kristina Sloggett says

my first thought was to use a peach, but the big ol’ PIT in the middle halted any plans for a cute sliced stack… *sigh*

• Kristina Sloggett says

I love that feeling too! there’s a time and place for the heavier comfort food (um, winter time!), but I really love feeling GOOD :)

Wicked cool animation pouring the syrup. Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!