fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

in appetizers, baking, Breakfast, Dessert, Gluten Free, recipes, snacks, summertime, Vegan

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

It is officially summer.

Okay, not for another couple weeks, I suppose, but for me? Summertime is here.

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

We are having bright warm sunny days – mid eighties all this week – and light nights where we enjoy some good patio time.

The warmer temperatures bring cravings for lighter foods. What is the phenomenon that hot summer days = lighter appetites? Even if dinnertime is comprised of lighter fare, dessert is still a must, am I right?

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

The farmers markets are again the source of my delights – lusciously sweet Anjou pears eaten in the car on the way home. Several were saved long enough to create a smashingly impressive dessert that is so easy to make, with real simple ingredients.

Topping things with buttery caramel? Definitely.

Please visit me at Attune to see this summery recipe:

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

fresh gingered Anjou pear cobbler

1 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} June 6, 2013 at 5:00 am

I just had to click over to say that moving picture is too cool. :) You rock. And I totally agree about dessert. A must. :)

2 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:03 pm

:) thanks, Maryea! and cheers – I hope you are enjoying your summer!

3 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table June 6, 2013 at 5:46 am

I may or may not have just stared at that syrup animation for 5 minutes. This is such a cool recipe. Not at all what I expected from the title either! Also, it would make for a good ice cream flavor. Or maybe prosecco and pear sorbet…

4 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm

it’s mesmerizing, isn’t it? and OOOH I LOVE the way your mind works! prosecco and pear, YES!

5 Heather (Where's the Beach) June 6, 2013 at 8:07 am

I remember eating pears from my grandmother’s pear tree as a kid. I have no idea what kind they were, but I’ve had some since that I didn’t care for. Of course, with the filling of this one…um, you could probably put it on cardboard and it’d be fantastic ;-)

6 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:01 pm

ha – cardboard! I know what you mean, pears can be hit or miss, some just have no flavor. so you need to add a filling. and caramel ;)

7 Pech June 6, 2013 at 9:12 am

That animation is sooo cool! Gorgeous photos and the presentation is just amazing like a fine dining restaurant!

8 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm

ah! thanks Pech, you just made my day!

9 Ashley F. June 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

So pretty (your gif is pretty fantastic, too)! This gives me so much inspiration and it’s a reminder that pretty food doesn’t have to be labor intensive!

10 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

not at all – some of the most impressive and fun is the simplest, or very few ingredients needed.

11 Roz@weightingfor50 June 6, 2013 at 10:44 am

OMG…you could so quit your day job and go into food styling! These look fantastic….and the drizzling caramel?? I wish I could stick my finger through my monitor and try it! Have a great day Kris!

12 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

:D thanks, Roz! you are too sweet, really (I sometimes feel so uninspired when styling…). I wish I could share this with you too, when IS that technology happening!?!? :)

13 Kate | Food Babbles June 6, 2013 at 11:30 am

Oh my goodness!! I’m so impressed!! When I read “cobbler” I had a totally different vision in my head. I love this SO much more! Headed over to check out the recipe. And love the little caramel drizzle video. Awesome!

14 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:58 pm

thanks Kate! yes, a different take on a cobbler, really – but so fun!

15 Bianca- Vegan Crunk June 6, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Yum!!!!!! I love all your little GIFs, by the way!

16 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:57 pm

17 Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets June 9, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Wow, just wow.

18 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm

why thanks darlin’!

19 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen June 10, 2013 at 9:28 am

I now want to slice all of my fruit like that and layer it with whatever deliciousness you’ve created. That looks like heaven.

And dessert is even MORE of a must in the summer. :)

20 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:49 pm

my first thought was to use a peach, but the big ol’ PIT in the middle halted any plans for a cute sliced stack… *sigh*

21 Kristin Stevenson June 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Summertime is here! I want everything to be fresh and yummy- love how light I feel when I eat healthy. Thank you for the beautiful recipe! -Kristin from inner curator.com

22 Kristina Sloggett June 16, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I love that feeling too! there’s a time and place for the heavier comfort food (um, winter time!), but I really love feeling GOOD :)

23 Kirsten December 3, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Kristina,
Wicked cool animation pouring the syrup. Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!