Cherry Sorbet Champagne Floats

Cherry Sorbet Champagne Floats

Cherry Sorbet Champagne Floats – a fresh and fruity coolย summertime refreshment! Perfectly sweet cherry sorbet is elevated to a great thing with champagne!

___________________________________________________________

One of the first things I made with our cherry haul was sorbet. Easy as (cherry?) pie.

Cool, refreshing, amazing flavor. Blended just enough to achieve a creamy consistency, with small cherry pieces dotted throughout…

Cherry Sorbet Champagne Floats

Then we poured champagne over it, like a pretty pink ice cream float.

Wow. I can tell you one thing, that kind of float will be happening more around here.

I can tell you a second thing, you should definitely be making these, as soon as you possibly can.

Cherry Sorbet Champagne Floats

The arrival of my July issue of Cooking Light is impeccably timed, as they have a great roundup of cherry recipes. I was inspired by their recipe forย cherry sorbet.

Really, easy as pie.

cherry sorbet champagne floatsย

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup vegan sugar
1 cup coconut water
4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
juice and zest of 1 lime
1 champagne split

INSTRUCTIONS:

In saucepan over low heat, combine sugar and coconut water. Stir until dissolved, remove from heat and cool completely. Transfer sugar water to blender, combine with cherries, lime juice and zest. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared ice cream maker, process according to manufacturer instruction. Transfer to freezer safe covered container, freeze several hours.

Serve one large scoop into glass or small bowl, pour champagne over and top with fresh cherry.

Cherry Sorbet Champagne Floats

CHEERS!

Comments

right?? so bubbly and light, all those years I missed out because I’m not a root beer fan! well, I was 9… ๐Ÿ˜‰

yes Yes YES I know that feeling. we have had that feeling the last three nights around dessert time… ๐Ÿ˜‰

NO WAY. See, this is what I should’ve made last week, while cherries were actually still available at our farmer’s market. I guess I’ll just have to suffer through some delicious plum or nectarine sorbet with champagne instead. :)

okay Eileen, the cherries are good, but only half of this creation, and the better, more exciting half is the champagne, so you are good!

I love champagne too… bubbly bubbly! we have had these ‘floats’ as dessert the last three nights…

amazing! cherry sorbet is my new favorite – we’ve been to Connecticut twice this summer – going again in a couple of weeks – and there is a little dessert place that has THE BEST cherry sorbet, although I bet yours would win in a taste test. :) all this time I thought I wanted strawberry or raspberry, but cherry is my new fave!

I rarely buy cherries at the market, preferring rasp, straw and blueberries, but now that we have a tree full, I am really enjoying them!

You made this for my birthday, didn’t you? ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s not until tomorrow, but Son and I are starting the celebration early with smoothies. No alcohol though. :-( These are fun and pretty. I’m afraid I’d fill my glass with champagne! ๐Ÿ˜‰

xo,
    Shirley

well happy birthday, my dear! I wish I could make these for you! ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope you had a wonderful day, and the celebration continues all week!

XO Kris

and cheers to you! yes, the sorbet is SO good, and the champagne/prosecco idea? simply brilliant!

ha, you are right Barbara – much easier. (who made up that phrase anyway?) ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am happy you are making this – it is SO good!

I hope you try this one, Sarah – it is SO good! and yes – I recently read about the benefits of cherries, there are many!

These looks so good! Think I am going to try my own version with frozen cherries I already have- may just blend them with some lime juice & sugar, a little water to make a thick slush and then pour the champagne over top? This makes me want to plan a girls’ night now! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Found you via the Fresh Foods Wednesday blog hop.

hello Carrie – great to “meet” you! and yes, that sounds like it should work – if the cherries are frozen and you blend for a very short time, you may even get a sorbet consistency, using ice in place of water? either way, it will be delicious!

This really makes me wish it were still cherry season here. I’m definitely saving this one for next year!

Thanks for sharing with Fresh Foods Wednesdays!

hi Sam!! I hope you do make this next year… SO good. you could make a sorbet with other in season fruits until then… ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Lora @cakeduchess says

SO love this and want it now! Gorgeous color and a perfect summer drink to share on the patio some friends:)

holy moly!! you put cherries and booze into a glass? i knew there was a reason i liked you ๐Ÿ˜‰ frozen boozy cherry sweet deliciousness = summer and a very excited kristy. pinning for later usage :)

thank you for visiting and sharing your seasonal post with us at The Fresh Foods Blog Hop – I hope you’ll stop by again this Wednesday!

Trackbacks