homemade Vegan Vanilla Mint Cashew Milk – this Blue Majik Milk recipe is a perfect snack or accompaniment to your breakfast pancakes. brimming with nutrients and flavor and color – YUM!
Vegan Vanilla Mint Cashew Milk
This is my latest go to snack in the afternoon.
That time when I am hungry, but it is too close to dinner to eat anything substantial, you know? I just need a little something, and may as well try to sneak some extra ooomph in with it, as far as nutrients go.
We traveled a lot this summer.
Travel means we are busy, we don’t always drink the amount of water we are used to, and we are certainly not eating as … fresh and good as we do at home?
Good, yes. We had some amazingly good food. And fresh when we could – which was often.
Still, though. I supplemented with vitamins I could easily pack in the snack area of my carryon.
Surely you have a snack section in your luggage?
Mine always has cashews, some sort of homemade granola bar, chia seeds, and chocolate.
This trip, I also bought some Blue Majik, a nutrient dense spirulina. I’d add this to milk in the morning, to tide me over until coffee and breakfast.
I wake up early.
I often need a pre breakfast when traveling.
Spirulina, Maca, and Turmeric, oh my!
The trifecta, right there.
I did not have maca or turmeric while on vacation, but thanks to a dear friend we visited while traveling, I did have mint essential oil gifted to me.
The Cool Vanilla Mint Cashew Milk was born.
Well, the travel version of it. No dates, either.
Spirulina is a spectacular superfood, and my favorite is E3Live’s Blue Majik. Packed with high levels of protein, all kinds of vitamins and amino acids, spirulina is something I have been using since … college, really. A nutrient rich algae.
Maca is another favorite that I have been using for about ten years? Maca is a potential mood and energy booster, and many know it to increase libido. It also boasts a fair amount of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Turmeric! This Cool Vanilla Mint Cashew Milk would be Golden Milk if it were not for the spirulina! Turmeric is known for its anti inflammatory benefits – the main reason I use it, for sure. Antioxidant rich and a digestive aid as well, and some say it actually relieves pain – my guess is that is from the reduced inflammation.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup raw cashew pieces (depending on thickness preference)
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted (sub sweetener of choice)
- 2 grams Blue Majik powder (two single sticks)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 1 drop therapeutic / culinary grade mint essential oil (or mint extract)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch sea salt
- optional topping - hemp hearts
- Combine cashews and water in a blender. Blend at highest speed until completely smooth.
- Add dates if using, blend again until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients - Blue Majik, vanilla, mint, maca, turmeric, and sea salt. Blend at highest speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, top with hemp hearts. Enjoy immediately.
dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Vitamix Blender, Low-Profile Container
- Raw Organic Cashews
- Organic Medjool Dates, 2 Pounds
- E3Live Blue Majik On-The-Go-Singles, 30 Count, 1 Gram
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whole Foods Market, Organic Maca Powder, 4 oz
- 365 Turmeric Ground 1.66 Ounce
- Manitoba Harvest Natural Hemp Hearts, 16 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 14g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.