Cashew Cabbage Crunch Salad – a fresh and flavorful salad that is full of vibrant color and many textures – crunchy, chewy, creamy – a great salad for a potluck or a simple lunch.
recipe originally published March 18, 2013
Cashew Crunch Salad
This salad has it all – protein from the edamame and cashews, which also bring a creamy flavor and great texture. Bright tangy flavors dress the crunchy cool colorful mixture. Add beans, tofu or tempeh to make it an entree salad.
Vegan Potluck Recipe
This is a new offering for the BBQ potluck table. A bright, colorful, crowd pleasing salad, and you won’t see leftovers! Every time I serve this salad or bring it to a potluck, it is GONE.
People ask for the recipe, and I once showed up to a party where the host made it – THAT is a special sort of fun.
I have been bringing lunches to the fantastic group of nurses and doctors caring for my dad – each and every person I deal with every day is so patient and nice and skilled and they all love my dad. It is the very least I can do.
I want to bring them healthy bright tasting food – this salad will be part of the menu this week.
This will become a new favorite.
vegan salad recipes
- 1 purple cabbage, cleaned cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1/4 onion, minced fine
- 2-3 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 -2 large carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 avocado, peeled seeded and cubed
- Chop cabbage into bite size pieces, add to large colander and toss with salt. Cover and set aside to drain (at least one hour).
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, onion, and caraway seeds to make a dressing. Set aside to marinate.
- Toss cabbage in colander to remove excess water, add to dressing mixture in bowl. Add carrot, edamame, cashews and avocado, toss together to combine and coat completely.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for later; gets better as the flavors marinate.
dairy, egg, and gluten free, vegan
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial for Unlimited Grocery Delivery – add these recipe ingredients to your list. use code FRESH25 for a $25 off discount on your first AmazonFresh order!
Kristina is spabettie! She discovered a love of cooking at an early age, and founded spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. As the sole recipe developer and photographer, Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing flavorful and vibrant vegan food! She loves dachshunds, karaoke, drums, and travel.
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.