This easy vegan avocado sauce brings bright flavor to pasta, burgers, dipped veggies, and so much more. A quick and easy four ingredient recipe.
recipe originally published August 24, 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS – Jump to any section:
Quick and easy avocado pasta sauce
You can quickly make this easy vegan avocado sauce in the time is takes to boil pasta noodles. Bright color and vibrant flavor are the bragging rights to this easy four ingredient recipe.
Adding some flavor to this easy avocado sauce is as easy as roasting a couple peppers.
- Hatch chile – add one or two fire roasted chiles (or a small 4 ounce can) for a tangy zip!
- Chipotle – for a spicy heat, add several chipotle peppers and blend. (this makes a great dip for tortilla chips!)
How to serve avocado sauce
So many dishes are a natural for this easy avocado sauce. We use it often for a cool texture layer.
- Smoky White Bean Chili – the Hatch chile flavored version is a cool contrast to a bowl of spicy chili.
- Easy Black Bean Burgers – sauce or dip any burger you’d stack sliced avocado on!
- Perfect Picnic Pasta Salad – the sauce for this tasty summer staple is inspired by this basic avocado sauce recipe.
More vegan avocado recipes
- Avocado Kale Florentine
- Mango Edamame Quinoa Salad
- Buffalo Chickpea Baked Avocado
- Sweet and Savory Summer Roll
- Avocado Toast – five ways!
- Buffalo Jackfruit Noodle Rolls
- Sunrise Stack Breakfast Sandwich
Did you make this easy avocado sauce?
Follow spabettie on Instagram and tag us with #spabettie
We love seeing your recipe photos and remakes – thank you!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon (2-3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup water (more by the tablespoon, as needed)
- Slice avocado in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the pit and discard.
- Using a spoon, scoop the whole avocado from the peel, discard peel.
- Add avocado, fresh basil, lemon juice, salt and 1-2 tablespoons water to a blender jar. Blend at high speed until completely smooth, including basil leaves. Add additional water by the tablespoon as needed.
- Enjoy over fresh cooked pasta, on a veggie burger or wrap, or as a dip for vegetables.
dairy, egg, gluten, oil, and nut free, vegan recipe
Hatch chile - add one or two fire roasted chiles (or a small 4 ounce can) for a tangy zip!
Chipotle - for a spicy heat, add several chipotle peppers and blend. (this makes a great dip for tortilla chips!)
How to serve this sauce
Smoky White Bean Chili - the Hatch chile flavored version is a cool contrast to a bowl of spicy chili.
Easy Black Bean Burgers - sauce or dip any burger you'd stack sliced avocado on!
Perfect Picnic Pasta Salad - the sauce for this tasty summer staple is inspired by this basic avocado sauce recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 5gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
nutrition calculations results vary by calculator, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to replace medical advice or treatment.
Kristina is spabettie! She found cooking at an early age, and created spabettie in 2010 to share vegan recipes. Kristina turned her culinary training into sharing vibrant vegan food! Read more…
spabettie / Kristina Sloggett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.