Sweet 16 – Vegan Valentines Recipes

in random

Those who know me, know I love Valentines Day.

I am pretty sure everyone knows I love pink.

Yeah, I know the argument that love shouldn’t be reserved for a specific day (it isn’t), Valentines is exceedingly commercial (I don’t buy the merch – oh cripes I cannot lie I am a marketers dream), and love should be professed any and all the time.

It is. We do. and for that I am so very thankful and blessed.

I liked Valentines even when single (thanks Vick and Mikey for letting me be the third wheel that year – we had so much fun!).

Even before I was a food blogger, I created pink and red treats for February. I made Cookies On Dowels and sent them to Jason at work. It’s just something I do.

I have some perfectly pink treats to share in the next few days, and today I am sharing a whole bunch of them!

Happy February. Happy Valentines.

If you cannot see the slideshow, click here to see the whole collection.

SLIDESHOW SPONSORED BY FOODIE VIA GLAM MEDIA. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE THOSE OF SPABETTIE.

1 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 2, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Will you be my Valentine and make me one of everything? :)

2 Kristina Sloggett February 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

3 Abby February 3, 2014 at 4:27 am

Even though I’m always single and hate the commercialism etc. that you mentioned, I still kind of like Valentine’s Day as well–and I’m not even really a fan of pink (but I am a fan of Pink the singer, so maybe that counts.) Anyway, I love the artsy side of the holiday and these recipes certainly qualify!

4 Kristina Sloggett February 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Pink the Singer works, most definitely! and thank you – some of these are on the crazy side (bright pink edible shot glasses, ahem) but many were simply fun to make. Truffles. I will always love coming up with new flavors and middles…

Happy Valentines to you, sweet friend. Sure wish I could rescue you from the snow right about now!

5 Katie @ Produce on Parade February 3, 2014 at 5:20 pm

It’s okay, I feel you. I’ll never stop loving Valentine’s Day! :) We can be cheesy, pink-loving, Valentine’s Day loving gals together, Kristina!

6 Kristina Sloggett February 3, 2014 at 8:10 pm

YAY Katie! I know plenty like Valentine’s Day just fine, and just as many do not… Go Pink and Hearts and Sparkles and Love!

7 The Peace Patch February 4, 2014 at 2:27 pm

For years my go-to Valentine’s treat was chocolate dipped pretzels sprinkled with red and white sprinkles. I’ve never tried a pink version but now you’ve inspired me! :)

8 Heather @ Better With Veggies February 12, 2014 at 11:53 am

Oh yum!! So many I would love to make and will not have to right now. That’s okay, Valentines can last all year, right?