heirloom and sun-dried tomato jam

in Gluten Free,Meatless Monday,recipes,Vegan

heirloom and sun-dried tomato jam

Another Meatless Monday, another homemade jam.

This jam is my jammy jam.

Savory sweet with vibrant flavor, this simple jam recipe takes no time at all, and pairs with so many things.

sundried tomato jam

Savory or sweet – or simply spread on sun-dried tomato popcorn chips

heirloom tomato jam

heirloom and sun-dried tomato jam

YIELD: two small jam jars

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

INGREDIENTS:

1 large heirloom tomato
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar (adjust for sweetness)
pinch sea salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds

INSTRUCTIONS:

Chop tomato. In blender, combine all tomatoes, oregano, sweetener and sea salt, blend to smooth. Add chia seeds and blend to combine. Transfer to jars and refrigerate. Store covered in refrigerator.

easy jam recipe

Visit Heather to see more cookin’ with jam…

BWV Round2 August thumb Ready to CREATE with Jelly?

this recipe was shared with Healthy Vegan Fridays.

1 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 26, 2013 at 3:56 am

Wow, this looks and sounds amazing! I love chia jam and tomatoes! This is definitely happening here! YUM!

2 Bianca- Vegan Crunk August 26, 2013 at 9:21 am

I buy tomato marmalade from a lady at the Memphis Farmers Market, and it’s soooooo good. I should try making my own!

3 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 26, 2013 at 10:19 am

Clearly I need to go buy more tomatoes. I love this!!! Pinning!

4 Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel August 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Ooooh… chia seeds in jam sounds super interesting!

5 Marlene @Nosh My Way August 26, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Spabettie does it again. This one is another winner. It just sounds so absolutely wonderful.

6 Heather @ Better With Veggies August 26, 2013 at 5:00 pm

A VEGGIE jam, why didn’t I think of that?! This is something I could eat and will definitely be making!! :)

7 Heather (Where's the Beach) August 27, 2013 at 6:25 am

Oh man, this is awesome! Just pinned it. Talk about a wonderful holiday or housewarming gift too. Thank you as always!

8 Lora @cakeduchess August 27, 2013 at 1:39 pm

A tomato jam…oh my. I love this idea. I wish I could get a hold of some better tasting tomatoes here these weeks. I will go on a hunt. I miss the ones we had in Italy this summer.

9 Kath (My Funny Little Life) August 30, 2013 at 7:37 am

Fancy! :D I’ve been in a jam-making mood lately (hubby likes bread with jam, and I enjoy making homemade varieties). So far I’ve only used fruit, but tomatoes sound like a great idea. I also like those corn thingies. :)

How are you doing? I’ve been thinking so much of you lately, and I can imagine you’re still dealing with a lot of sorrow … probably mixed with gratefulness for your Dad’s happy last weeks among his loved ones. Must be a strange and very intense mix of emotions, if I’m right.

10 Nina V October 10, 2013 at 3:23 pm

We have just really started our Spring season here in sunny ol’ Canberra. Our tomato seedlings are doing nicely (in their cosy makeshift green house). I know come January and February I will be swimming in ripe and overripe tomatoes. :)
Thank you for giving me another way to deal with some of them.
Any idea how long this would last in the fridge (assuming the jars were steralised and unopened)? Also, do you think it could be frozen?
Loving your work, as always. xx