mocha tahini protein fudge

mocha tahini protein fudge

This recipe is a few of my favorite things – tahini, coffee, and chocolate.

Oh and fudge.

…and who doesn’t like fudge?

mocha protein fudge

This takes just a few minutes to prep and combine – and if you cannot wait for it to set, leave a few crumbles in the bowl for taste testing.

Fudge dough. It is a good thing.

mocha tahini fudge

You can chill this and cut it into bite size fudge cubes of wonder, or you can roll them into fudge balls.

For a double fudge mocha tahini bite, dip into more melted chocolate.

Oh my.

vegan protein fudge

mocha tahini protein fudge

YIELD: 20-24 pieces

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup coconut milk (So Delicious carton)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1/3 cup plant based protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
6 ounces dark chocolate (72%), chopped

INSTRUCTIONS:

In small mixing bowl, combine tahini, milk, maple syrup, coffee and protein powder. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chopped chocolate. Pour melted chocolate over tahini mixture, combine completely. Spread into (parchmented) 8×4 baking pan (loaf pan size). Cover and refrigerate (at least one hour) to set.

tahini fudge

The current Meatless Monday ingredient is instant coffee – visit Heather for more coffee recipes!

MMAZ

this recipe was shared with Healthy Vegan Fridays.

Comments

I so want to try this. Why can’t I bring myself to make one of your decadent tahini recipes? I think it’s because I love the smoky tahini bite in my savory stuff…I can’t wrap my mind around using it with sweet. Maybe you could mail me some and show me how delish it is. Ha.Ha.

This looks amazing, Kristina…. I never would have thought to make fudge with tahini, but it looks perfect. I can’t wait to try it!

• Kristina Sloggett says

hi Jackie, tahini is a sesame seed paste. it is savory, so it adds a nutty flavor to the brownie (you can adjust the sweet to your taste). tahini is one of my favorite things – consistency like a nut butter, I use it to make sauces and salad dressings, on toast or rice cakes, all kinds of things! enjoy!

3. oh Holland says

After doing a batch following your insanely irresistible recipe, think I’ll fool around with peanut or almond butter instead of chocolate. That will make the dough wetter, so maybe some finely ground ginger snaps mixed in would compensate.( G-snaps are one of those “accidentally vegan” things that make reliable ingredients in lots of sweet stuff.)

This is insane! Why have I never thought of this!?:) I love this recipe! I’m slightly addicted to using coffee espresso beans in my smoothies, so I’m definitely going to add it to my homemade treats now too!:) What’s your favorite brand of tahini? I can’t seem to find one I like that much. I do like the raw brands of tahini, but thought I would ask which one you enjoy the most?:) Thanks!! Love your blog- just subscribed!

5. Allison F. says

I whipped this up this evening and it is SO GOOD! I’m trying not to eat it all at once! Thanks for a great recipe :)

6. Kat says

This sounds amazing – but coffee is a no-go for my household, so any ideas on a replacement? Or just leave it out?

• Kristina Sloggett says

hi Kat, I would say just leave out the coffee – it was only there for flavor and should not change the consistency of the fudge. enjoy!

• Kristina Sloggett says

you could simply leave it out; a small amount is only there for flavor and should not change the structure of the recipe. enjoy!

Trackbacks