mocha tahini protein fudge

in Dessert, Gluten Free, Meatless Monday, recipes, Vegan

mocha tahini protein fudge

This recipe is a few of my favorite things – tahini, coffee, and chocolate.

Oh and fudge.

…and who doesn’t like fudge?

mocha protein fudge

This takes just a few minutes to prep and combine – and if you cannot wait for it to set, leave a few crumbles in the bowl for taste testing.

Fudge dough. It is a good thing.

mocha tahini fudge

You can chill this and cut it into bite size fudge cubes of wonder, or you can roll them into fudge balls.

For a double fudge mocha tahini bite, dip into more melted chocolate.

Oh my.

vegan protein fudge

mocha tahini protein fudge

YIELD: 20-24 pieces

dairy, egg, soy and gluten free, vegan

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup coconut milk (So Delicious carton)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1/3 cup plant based protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
6 ounces dark chocolate (72%), chopped

INSTRUCTIONS:

In small mixing bowl, combine tahini, milk, maple syrup, coffee and protein powder. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chopped chocolate. Pour melted chocolate over tahini mixture, combine completely. Spread into (parchmented) 8×4 baking pan (loaf pan size). Cover and refrigerate (at least one hour) to set.

tahini fudge

The current Meatless Monday ingredient is instant coffee – visit Heather for more coffee recipes!

MMAZ

this recipe was shared with Healthy Vegan Fridays.

1 Ricki August 12, 2013 at 4:44 am

I bet this tastes like mocha halvah–HOW DELICIOUS!!! Must give this a try–love the choc/tahini/coffee combo!

2 Victoria August 12, 2013 at 4:52 am

I keep meaning to combine chocolate and tahini (because I love both so much). This looks like JUST the way to do it.

3 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 12, 2013 at 4:53 am

So you know that fudge is one of my FAVORITE things? I have made myself sick on it at Chistmas (oddly, the only time of year we make it in my family). Tahini is calling my name too. It’s like fudge hummus!

4 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} August 12, 2013 at 4:59 am

Wow coffee+tahini! This looks so unique and delicious!

5 Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen August 12, 2013 at 7:28 am

Sesame coffee? I like it. Fudge? I like it even more.

6 Heather @ Better With Veggies August 12, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Oh good Lord, how do you keep coming up with things as amazing as this?! Seriously, this looks incredible. I may just have a cheat of fudge in the next few weeks. Yum!!!!!!!

7 Kelly August 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I so want to try this. Why can’t I bring myself to make one of your decadent tahini recipes? I think it’s because I love the smoky tahini bite in my savory stuff…I can’t wrap my mind around using it with sweet. Maybe you could mail me some and show me how delish it is. Ha.Ha.

8 Kelli August 12, 2013 at 8:09 pm

This looks amazing, Kristina…. I never would have thought to make fudge with tahini, but it looks perfect. I can’t wait to try it!

9 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 13, 2013 at 9:37 am

Good grief that looks so good! Jay is a HUGE fan of fudge! I need to make this for him (and me, but don’t tell him that part).

10 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies August 13, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Oh my gosh, I LOVE tahini and I’m partial to fudge too. There’s no way this isn’t a winner!

11 Miz August 15, 2013 at 5:14 am

wow.
JUST WOW.

12 Jackie Hammond August 16, 2013 at 9:10 am

I bet this is really good and with the protein perfect for me.

13 Jackie Hammond August 16, 2013 at 9:11 am

What is tahini?

14 Kristina Sloggett August 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

hi Jackie, tahini is a sesame seed paste. it is savory, so it adds a nutty flavor to the brownie (you can adjust the sweet to your taste). tahini is one of my favorite things – consistency like a nut butter, I use it to make sauces and salad dressings, on toast or rice cakes, all kinds of things! enjoy!

15 oh Holland August 17, 2013 at 12:31 pm

After doing a batch following your insanely irresistible recipe, think I’ll fool around with peanut or almond butter instead of chocolate. That will make the dough wetter, so maybe some finely ground ginger snaps mixed in would compensate.( G-snaps are one of those “accidentally vegan” things that make reliable ingredients in lots of sweet stuff.)

16 Katie @ Produce on Parade August 19, 2013 at 5:23 pm

My goodness! My mouth was watering just looking at these pictures! A healthy fudge?? I need to try this :) thanks for sharing! Cheers!

17 Donna August 23, 2013 at 9:52 am

Is there another ingredient that one could substitute for protein powder? Flax meal?

18 Carry August 23, 2013 at 10:02 am

Is the protein powder essential to the finished product? Do you think the recipe would work without it?

19 Heather Williams August 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

This is insane! Why have I never thought of this!?:) I love this recipe! I’m slightly addicted to using coffee espresso beans in my smoothies, so I’m definitely going to add it to my homemade treats now too!:) What’s your favorite brand of tahini? I can’t seem to find one I like that much. I do like the raw brands of tahini, but thought I would ask which one you enjoy the most?:) Thanks!! Love your blog- just subscribed!

20 Allison F. August 23, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I whipped this up this evening and it is SO GOOD! I’m trying not to eat it all at once! Thanks for a great recipe :)

21 Kat August 28, 2013 at 10:05 pm

This sounds amazing – but coffee is a no-go for my household, so any ideas on a replacement? Or just leave it out?

22 Kristina Sloggett August 30, 2013 at 6:15 am

hi Kat, I would say just leave out the coffee – it was only there for flavor and should not change the consistency of the fudge. enjoy!

23 Davina August 29, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hoping for an answer to the previous post. Also not a coffee girl here. Any suggestions for substitutions?

24 Kristina Sloggett August 30, 2013 at 6:15 am

you could simply leave it out; a small amount is only there for flavor and should not change the structure of the recipe. enjoy!

25 Olena September 3, 2013 at 7:02 am

Hi :) can I replace chocolate with carob? What do you think?